The Arbroath Thread

This is shit hot is it

Above Dundee in the league table and in the Championship play offs, albeit after only 4 games

Always feel as a club we should be near the top end of L1 with the occasional flirt with promotion anyway but for years we hadn't reached that potential

That horrendous season under Lumsden really has gave us a boot up the arse and pushed us on. What Dick has managed to do with us has been superb

Hopefully we don't venture back into League 2 again. It really is night and day stuff looking at the fixture list (and the structure of the club) now, Dunfermline followed by Partick and Dundee United in comparison to Albion Rovers followed by Berwick away or whatever. Being competitive in these games too.

Just need to take it week by week but already looking forward to Thistle on the 13th [emoji4]

It’s been a brilliant start but its all about keeping our feet on the ground too. Despite a few moans (myself included) about our lack of attacking options our back 5 are immense and that will be so important this year. We might not score a lot but i cant see us conceding many either [emoji1145]

Heard Callum hendry from saints is meant to coming to us on loan? Makes sense on their part now they have may and Wright back. Anyone else heard anything? Times ticking! 

I would be delighted with this

Fits the mould too big strong and fast. This would give us plenty options and depth over whole squad too

2 hours ago, stan3600 said:

That’s our squad until January then. The defence is strong as ever, with a bit more cover. Midfield looks promising. Up front we need Doris and Spence to Nick a couple of league goals each to build confidence. And pray Bobby stays fit. emoji120.png

Agree with this 100% but how's Doris meant to nick a few goals when he's not even getting on as a sub? I'm happy for donnelly getting the goal last week but realistically speaking he should be our last choice striker in terms of ability - bar the goal he looked hopeless! Is that going to change? We've seen enough now. If I was dick I'd be putting my energy in Stevie and continuing to give Spence a shot before Donnelly  

Agree with this 100% but how's Doris meant to nick a few goals when he's not even getting on as a sub? I'm happy for donnelly getting the goal last week but realistically speaking he should be our last choice striker in terms of ability - bar the goal he looked hopeless! Is that going to change? We've seen enough now. If I was dick I'd be putting my energy in Stevie and continuing to give Spence a shot before Donnelly  

Yes but Dick isn't biased.. [emoji23][emoji849]

Spence jersey to lose at moment. Agree Doris should be before Donnelly

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yes but Dick isn't biased.. emoji23.pngemoji849.png

Spence jersey to lose at moment. Agree Doris should be before Donnelly

Who's biased? I just want my team to continue doing well and believe that's the route going forward. 

Maybe he wasn't feeling 100% after that knock a few weeks ago but assumed he was as nothing had been mentioned.