The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

If Hester is to return, then I think DC has had a full on heads gone moment.

If Hester is back, and i'm happy enough with that, it is  absolutely bizarre. DC some boy. 

I like Hester, I always thought we should have kept him - reminded me a little of Si Murray with his pace.

Hope he does sign - but until it's confirmed, would treat this as no more than the rumour mill in full flow.

Also, the comments about Arbroath paying 25K for Hester are ridiculous and a good example of how people add arms and legs to a rumour with absolutely no foundation whatsoever. 

Arbroath FC are not signing Kane Hester.  We thought would make this clear as some people have latched onto the idea.

A good lesson why not to believe everything you read and always remember you don't hear the tone in how things are said - in this case, said as a joke, which hooked a few posters.

See you all tomorrow! 

Anybody that actually wants Hester back or believed Hester was coming back should receive a season ban from entering gayfield, we’re trying to improve as a team not get worse , honestly have a right good look at yourself you bunch off heed the ba’s ,

Rant over

Over n out

So, that is this rumour put to rest and confirmed that Arbroath have no plans to sign Kane Hester.

Would have been happy to have him back - but this puts an end to the rumour mill.

Wonder why people kick start false rumours such as this - perhaps a mixture of boredom and stupidity - only they will know why.

8 minutes ago, ASC1878 said:

Anybody that actually wants Hester back or believed Hester was coming back should receive a season ban from entering gayfield, we’re trying to improve as a team not get worse , honestly have a right good look at yourself you bunch off heed the ba’s ,

Rant over

Over n out

I disagree with your comments - I think Hester was a good, decent player and make a contribution to the squad.

Everyone's opinions will differ - in this instance, I think Hester was a decent squad player with good pace.

So, that is this rumour put to rest and confirmed that Arbroath have no plans to sign Kane Hester.
Would have been happy to have him back - but this puts an end to the rumour mill.
Wonder why people kick start false rumours such as this - perhaps a mixture of boredom and stupidity - only they will know why.

IMG_1075.jpg

I disagree with your comments - I think Hester was a good, decent player and make a contribution to the squad.
Everyone's opinions will differ - in this instance, I think Hester was a decent squad player with good pace.

Well I’d disagree with you MR, boy couldn’t score in a brothel with a tenner strapped to his you know what!![emoji533]

I would have liked to see Kane back, Local lad with a real passion for the club, He is certainly banging in the goals for Elgin anyway and I always thought and still think he would only get better with age and experience, Plus that pace was frightening, Would have been a brilliant option to bring on last 20 when we needed a goal or a boost and IMO he always did that for us. Think sometimes his finishing might have left him down but it looks like he has worked on that side of his game and reading it better.

11 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

Is nowhere near the quality we require at this level, now can we stop this

Just to mention that result yesterday means we’ve surpassed Brechin’s record low point total in the Championship. If we allow ourselves to get carried away, we might even entertain the wild ambition of double figures.
Good luck to you, it'll take us until Christmas to reach double figures.