The Arbroath Thread

Meet the Fans - Thursday 29th August - 7pm
Arbroath FC would like to invite our supporters to Gayfield Park this Thursday, the 29th of August for another "Meet the Fans" Evening with Arbroath Assistant Manager Ian Campbell.
Ian will be joined by the Arbroath FC Directors and once again will address the Arbroath supporters before answering questions.
We have had held several of these evenings and they prove to be wonderful insights for our supporters with Ian always delighted to be engaged with our supporters.
As always this event is open to all Arbroath supporters and you don't need to be a season ticket holder to attend.
We would love to see you at Gayfield Park on Thursday evening in the Caird Hospitality Suite at 7pm.
Thank you

1577446825_MeettheFans.thumb.jpg.61be5a4a12872bb9031ec075b56605c6.jpg

14 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Not sure if the numbers I’ve got are bang on, but I think this Saturdays game could be Bobby’s 250th competitive Arbroath game. Some boy

One of a kind, Such an incredible player and great guy too, he loves the club and the fans and will will be a dead cert future red lichtie hall of famer.

17 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

Not sure if the numbers I’ve got are bang on, but I think this Saturdays game could be Bobby’s 250th competitive Arbroath game. Some boy

Hmmm, looks as though my figures are slightly out. I've got him down with an extra substitute appearance to his name. I must go & check where I've cocked up. Anyway, a fabulous achievement when you consider where his career seemed to be heading. Oh yes, he's up to 72 goals now.

Soccerbase is good, but it isn't 100% accurate.

51 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Hmmm, looks as though my figures are slightly out. I've got him down with an extra substitute appearance to his name. I must go & check where I've cocked up. Anyway, a fabulous achievement when you consider where his career seemed to be heading. Oh yes, he's up to 72 goals now.

Been discussing this with a couple of other Arbroath fans and my go to for these type of things is this; http://www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com/arbroath/arbroath.html

Going by that post war to 2014 the following are over 250:

Allan McKenzie - 254

Tommy Yule - 261

John McAuley - 267

Derek Rylance - 275

Gubby Mitchell - 292

The obvious issue with that is that Tam Cargill is on that link but his appearances aren't listed, and he's our record appearance holder! That means it is obviously very difficult to know exactly where Bobby sits..... 

There was also a fire at Gayfield in 1958 which I think might have 'seen' to a lot of the older records....

From the above/ little I know it could be feasible for Bobby to be our 2nd highest appearance holder of all time if he continues playing up until the end of next season which he is contracted to do so? Suspect there's others missing/ others pre war that may mean that's not the case though...

So you’ve got him currently at 250 appearances

Ive not really said much on transfers, Dicks record since he come to the club speaks for itself and he deserves huge credit, however i think it will be a huge mistake if we dont add some creative spark to team,  hope im wrong.

I wouldnt be surprised to see Swankie and Donnelly leave on loan as season progresses also, 

Surely this guy can do a turn out wide? Said he scored 5 goals in first 5 games for aberdeen development team so must be a more attacking minded guy

Honestly not got a clue

DC just seems to love signing centre mids with a bit of versatility. We can only loan one more player