The Arbroath Thread

9 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

Good luck for the new season guys! My dutch father in law is a massive Arbroath fan and I'll no doubt head over to a game with him at some point this season.

Fantastic. 

How did he he end up a Lichtie? Short loan spell at Hallies? ;) Great though, and get him over for one of the Dee games.

22 minutes ago, Kejan said:

Fantastic. 

How did he he end up a Lichtie? Short loan spell at Hallies? ;) Great though, and get him over for one of the Dee games.

He was stationed at RM Condor back in the late 70's and met mrs Stevie ktid's mum in the town, he's Arbroath daft, I have a soft spot for the town and the club as it was one of my first away games following Killie.

Edited by stevieKTID

Stating the obvious really but play over the last two Saturdays highlights the need for us to hold onto the ball a bit better when we get it back.  We'll spend a fair amount of time chasing it so all the more reason not to play it forward too quickly or aimlessly.   For the past 3 seasons, we've looked good when we keep passing it.  Not always possible at all but there were too many early balls (sometimes vital of course) playing poor percentages and quickly losing possession.   It would be nice to have other team chasing a bit more and a more patient or perhaps considered approach when a pass is not on.  We have players who can do this better.  It needs the fans to show a bit of patience also.

Of course, since we'll be doing more by way of counterattack, you can argue that we need to exploit the space by getting it forward quickly though I'm not sure we have the players for this.  

He is noted at 1.88m which would make him 6' 2" One of our tallest players.

Quite pacey for a big lad too, misjudged a ball forward on saturday but recovered well. From what I’ve seen im happy to have him as defensive cover.

Still think we need a left back, winger and forward

Hi chaps
I'll be up for the Dunfermline game (staying in Dundee). 
Any recommendations for food and beer please?
Thank you. 

Depends what you’re after but bell rock for fish & chips, they dont sell alcohol but tutties is right across the ground for a pint

2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Depends what you’re after but bell rock for fish & chips, they dont sell alcohol but tutties is right across the ground for a pint

Cheers mate. 

Hope you guys stay up this season.