The Arbroath Thread

This is very confusing.
To clarify, Spence is a penalty box striker who if given service will score goals and while playing in our team last year was supplied with great service but when I look at the scoring charts last year I see an entry of '0' in the goals scored column? :unsure:[emoji6] 
As I say, going forward I'm sure everyone wants Greig Spence and every other player in our squad to do well this season. However, there's nothing wrong with football fans being a tad pessimistic about a penalty box striker who failed to score a goal last year, despite being supplied with great service, stepping up a level and doing the business for us in the division above. If Greig Spence plays regularly this year and has a return of 10+ goals I'd be absolutely delighted and if he proves me wrong then I'll be as happy as the next Arbroath fan. He's having a good pre season, and while non competitive games and games against League Two opposition are hardly a test of what's to come this year he has scored goals which will hopefully boost his confidence. We really need at least two of our signed strikers to contribute this year alongside another loan and so far Spence has shown there is a chance he can do so.
I think we should all support our players during the 90 minutes and get right behind them as long as they're giving their all, but why the f**k are any of us posting on a football forum if it isn't to discuss football and give our differing opinions? If the only thing that's 'allowed' is saying everything and everyone connected with Arbroath FC is absolutely fantastic and wonderful then what's the point? Lucky the vast majority of things connected to Arbroath FC right now are fantastic and wonderful [emoji3] If this pre season Dick had signed 6 amateur players and nothing else, would the mentality still be that of unquestioning support of the players, any questioning/ worrying about their ability being unacceptable? At what point is worrying/ questioning things acceptable?

Not confusing, just late on Friday night.

There’s a difference between not supporting a player and having an opinion on a player which some people cant seem to get.

Anyway after romping league 1 and an excellent pre season im looking forward to the league starting. Still think we’re a bit light up top/out wide and a defender but i would imagine dick will look at the loan system in august to bolster the squad.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Anyone at the open day today?
Let’s call Greig Spence a c**t and get everyone raging

I was there with my 5 year old daughter, was a brilliant day despite the downpour,  was awesome seeing the players get there medals and they were all fantastic taking photos with my girl and letting her join in for mini games and coaching drills on the pitch, David Gold is absolutely class, what a gentleman,  was really great with her as was Bobby & Mark, We got pics with most of team and the trophy, Great atmosphere all round and the mood and spirit within the camp is excellent, Dick gave a brilliant speech saying he promises and guarantees we will stay up and gave his trademark laugh and wry smile, all in all a great positive enjoyable afternoon.

979A6AB3-E45A-4C93-8B4A-48486FF68458.jpeg

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

If we can get a point on Tuesday then it’s in our hands for qualifying. Tough ask obviously away at a premiership side but boys will be high on confidence and hopefully give a good account of themselves

Like my father in law said pressure is all on Hibs, We are flying and go into pretty much every game from now on in as the underdog, The confidence is sky high and I reckon Hibs will be fearful of us knowing we have already beaten them and after what we did to Stirling that they couldn’t,  It could all work in our favour.

Like my father in law said pressure is all on Hibs, We are flying and go into pretty much every game from now on in as the underdog, The confidence is sky high and I reckon Hibs will be fearful of us knowing we have already beaten them and after what we did to Stirling that they couldn’t,  It could all work in our favour.

Not sure if hibs will feel pressure or be fearful in what is effectively a pre season tournament but nevertheless we have been playing well and are in a good position to progress

It's completely in our hands in terms of qualifying regardless of the Hibs game, no?

The rough requirement is 9 points and at least +3GD (although not guaranteed to go through with that). Currently we've got 6 points and +6GD, so realistically I think as long as we don't get beaten by more than 3 against Hibs, then it's very very likely going to be a straight situation of beat Alloa and we go through.

Yes

It's completely in our hands in terms of qualifying regardless of the Hibs game, no?
The rough requirement is 9 points and at least +3GD (although not guaranteed to go through with that). Currently we've got 6 points and +6GD, so realistically I think as long as we don't get beaten by more than 3 against Hibs, then it's very very likely going to be a straight situation of beat Alloa and we go through.

just back from a day out in arbroath. nice wee place. went to the butchers at fishacre as well. what an excellent shop. definitely be back. good luck for the season ahead as well lads [emoji122][emoji122]

3 hours ago, Ylf said:

just back from a day out in arbroath. nice wee place. went to the butchers at fishacre as well. what an excellent shop. definitely be back. good luck for the season ahead as well lads emoji122.pngemoji122.png

Butcher at fisheracre, supplies our wonderful steak and black pudding pies

51 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Supporters bus sold out so hopefully a big following to back the boys this evening

Yeah me and my brother who is a hibs fan lol were planning on getting on the bus but now it will be a train job after leaving work early, mon the red lichties

I’m sure some people may know, but for those who don’t there is a new Fantasy football Scotland app, I will leave the link to the app on Apple devices below, on Android just type in Fantasy football Scotland and it should pop up

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/fantasy-football-scotland/id1469063365

I have created a league for all Pie and Bovril users if anyone wants to join, we already have around 30 people in the league just from the initial thread so hopefully we can get more, the code to join the league is

PRANJXBW

Hopefully we can get a good amount of people in :)