The Arbroath Thread

There was a lot of energy in our midfield last night. Gold, McKenna, and the new boy Murphy were very combative. It certainly helped Wilson settle in with that level of protection in front of the defence. Good to see Spence score, should boost his confidence.

Would be quite keen to see us play 4-5-1 at times this season. Doris up front is capable of holding and linking play, and Whatley IMO plays his best football as part of a midfield 3. Whatley and Murphy as the deeper sitting two, with Gold/McKenna/Swankie (Although I cant see him doing much this year) as the more attacking option.

Priority right now has to be an attacking player, whether that’s a winger or a striker (both imo). There’s no guarantee Linn will replicate his form from last season, and we all know Omar’s strengths do not lie in changing games. Stewart nearly back from injury so hopefully he can get some game time & form.

Would be quite keen to see us play 4-5-1 at times this season. Doris up front is capable of holding and linking play, and Whatley IMO plays his best football as part of a midfield 3. Whatley and Murphy as the deeper sitting two, with Gold/McKenna/Swankie (Although I cant see him doing much this year) as the more attacking option.

Priority right now has to be an attacking player, whether that’s a winger or a striker (both imo). There’s no guarantee Linn will replicate his form from last season, and we all know Omar’s strengths do not lie in changing games. Stewart nearly back from injury so hopefully he can get some game time & form.

On the evidence of the games so far I think we can be pretty confident that both Bobby and Omar are at last season’s level. With Stewart also able to play on the wing I think another striker would be the priority.

On the evidence of the games so far I think we can be pretty confident that both Bobby and Omar are at last season’s level. With Stewart also able to play on the wing I think another striker would be the priority.

Omar isn't good enough for the Championship in my opinion. Need a lot better to trouble teams going forward this season, so far we've only played pre season friendlies and 2 League 2 teams

2 hours ago, Hello Sailor said:

anyone got a rough idea when the highlights might be up?

Aye. Probably 10 minutes left on me rerendering it. (Stirling knew there was a spy in their camp so they were playing thunderstruck to block the video.) 

Probably another hour on uploading and downloading between me and the club.

Aye. Probably 10 minutes left on me rerendering it. (Stirling knew there was a spy in their camp so they were playing thunderstruck to block the video.) 
Probably another hour on uploading and downloading between me and the club.

Superb by the way can't thank you enough, didn't have to do it so really appreciate the effort

Free steak n black pudding pies for life at Gayfield imo