The Arbroath Thread

It’s fairly good but not as level as it used to be - take a look up the touch lines or the hillocks in the goalmouths. I was thinking it might need relaid or at least significant work some year soon. Great sandy soil underneath means excellent drainage

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Don't know what's worse,  the costume or the white legs.  At least put a pair of football socks or trackie bottoms on. 

He looks visibly pleased to meet Linn too.

Mo well up for this and deservedly 3up, could of been more, defence all over shop, 

Would of loved to see Ballantyne at Arbroath, 

Hopefully give Dick more of a push to get another winger and striker 

tonights a total right off

21 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Should never have agreed to this friendly

Totally agree, said it when it was arranged, 

few meaty challenges could of had a few injuries,

Mo treated it like a cup final and we didn’t turn up at all

Trying to take the positives from that, James Murphy in the middle of the park looked a good player I thought. McKenzie showed up better than he has previously, but the other trialists should be told thanks & goodbye.
Absolutely shitting myself at Wilson up against Dobbie on the opening day

Trying to take the positives from that, James Murphy in the middle of the park looked a good player I thought. McKenzie showed up better than he has previously, but the other trialists should be told thanks & goodbye.

Wary of judging the guy on one game but Wilson was completely out his depth, looks like a panic signing from that tonight. 

But of an off night but all about fitness ahead of the weekend, good for McKenna to get some minutes.

Just have to put Ricky Little on Dobbie instead!

The RB not show anything?

Looked fucked off our feet and all over place which is a wee bit understandable considering circumstances

Big bonus for me was Spence, looks sharper nippier and he's putting himself about and being a handful. Thought he looked leggy last season

Players will be ahattered but that's pre season over, we really need 3 quality loans in: attacking minded players too. Out wide, upfront and through the middle

I'm going to carry on with my usual stats for the coming season, but possibly adding other bits and bobs, so was thinking of starting a separate thread for any stats based info. For those that take an interest in it, would you prefer a separate thread or keep it in the current Arbroath thread.

I'm going to carry on with my usual stats for the coming season, but possibly adding other bits and bobs, so was thinking of starting a separate thread for any stats based info. For those that take an interest in it, would you prefer a separate thread or keep it in the current Arbroath thread.

Just keep it in here if it’s all Arbroath related