The Arbroath Thread

Goodwin leaving Alloa at this late stage can only be good for us. And Strachan to Dundee as technical director should be hilarious. I look forward to seeing him at Gayfield.

How’s it hilarious?

They’re OK but I never quite understand why they need to use different base colours for the away strip. Primarily white with maroon would be an improvement plus white or maroon socks. No away strip has ever come close to the white with narrow maroon candy stripes used in the 69s and 70s. Mind you never quite understand why mere kit is worthy of discussion (said ironically). It’s almost the most trivial. Give me a discussion of crowds any day.

I believe McKenna is on holiday so won’t be seeing him tomorrow. Probably see a few trialists. Tomorrow isn’t about the result tho, just get through the game unscathed and get the team to gel. Hopefully a healthy crowd as well to get a bit extra cash in the bank account

I am not an Arbroath fan and am firmly of the belief that adults shouldn't wear football tops leisurely, but I would consider buying a similar shirt to that.
Translation : I am snobby b*****d that believes the only colours adult fans can show is of their coloured handkerchief. Replica shirts are for children.

Solid 3 points to start the season.
Very impressed with Scott Stewart in the 1st half, a real drive about the boy and seems a big lad as well. Donnelly took his goal well and linked play up well, so f**k off haters. Great to see Stevie grab a goal as well

If only it was three points to start the season.

impressed by stewart, Donnelly took his goal well, Stevie looks like the pre season is doing him wonders and could see the determination from him on the pitch

all in all cant grumble and good to start preseason games on a positive