The Arbroath Thread

Ciaran Brien (defender) and Jamie MacKenzie (forward) both on trial with us after being released from St Johnstone. Neither have made a first team appearance so not expecting much but may be worth a look. Another two trialists were mentioned in the paper yesterday, one from a junior club and one from down south.

The junior one could be a lad from Luncarty

9 hours ago, SimonLichtie said:

In totally unrelated news I've heard we've signed a well known target man centre forward who has been playing junior for the last few years after a number of years playing senior with Albion Rovers amongst others and was most recently with Cambuslang. I believe he's on holiday currently but there will be an unveiling later on with him holding up the Arbroath top :rolleyes:

I'm not sure if this would be a good signing or not. Still knows where the back of the net is & could be a super sub if we need to play more direct, needing a goal.

Weren't we rumoured with him a few seasons ago?

I'm not sure if this would be a good signing or not. Still knows where the back of the net is & could be a super sub if we need to play more direct, needing a goal.
Weren't we rumoured with him a few seasons ago?

🤦🏻‍♂️

Hope this is a double whoosh

23 hours ago, Lichtielegend said:

What criteria are you using to establish us as bigger than Alloa?

I don't think there's much between us, for what it's worth.

My criteria what it's worth is the following :-

Over the last 10 seasons when both clubs were in the same leagues who had the bigger home attendances and the bigger away support?

Has Alloa recently been playing in higher leagues than the Red Lichties then the answer is yes but are they a bigger club the answer is no, it is a similar scenario saying that Fulham are a bigger club than Leeds United because they have been playing in higher leagues than Leeds!! 

Over the last 10 seasons when both clubs were in the same leagues who had the bigger home attendances and the bigger away support?
Has Alloa recently been playing in higher leagues than the Red Lichties then the answer is yes but are they a bigger club the answer is no, it is a similar scenario saying that Fulham are a bigger club than Leeds United because they have been playing in higher leagues than Leeds!! 

Haha I would say we are too but we're both diddies in the grand scheme of things so who cares.

Fixtures are what they are, December looks good two Dundee teams at home then the best 2 away days back to back.

Stephen Dobbie on the first day.... going to be a hard season but look forward to it starting...

Hopefully hear of some more new faces soon

1 hour ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

Fulham are a bigger club than Leeds. They've never been outside the top 2 divisions in the last 20 years while Leeds haven't been in the top flight for 15 years. The fact they look to be signing a guy that plays regularly for Leeds just now backs that up.

You can't just rely on crowds to maintain your 'big club status' when you're doing bugger all on the pitch and to mention it when we're talking the about the difference of getting 680 people through the door or 700 is, quite frankly, embarrassing. Christ, a bad winter could wipe that advantage out.

QOS at home for the first game is very winnable and alloa at home on the last day could be crucial. Pretty happy with the fixtures in general apart from caley & qos away at xmas
If we can beat QOS on week 1 we will have bettered the hedge trimmers. Let's do it. C'mon lichties

Fulham are a bigger club than Leeds. They've never been outside the top 2 divisions in the last 20 years while Leeds haven't been in the top flight for 15 years. The fact they look to be signing a guy that plays regularly for Leeds just now backs that up.
You can't just rely on crowds to maintain your 'big club status' when you're doing bugger all on the pitch and to mention it when we're talking the about the difference of getting 680 people through the door or 700 is, quite frankly, embarrassing. Christ, a bad winter could wipe that advantage out.

Fulham aren’t a bigger club than Leeds.

Aye it's all rather meaningless.

In other news heard hospitality for a good few games sold out already.

What's the script with the cabin at the ground? That getting used for hospitality too? How many extra spaces is that giving?

Aye it's all rather meaningless.

In other news heard hospitality for a good few games sold out already.

What's the script with the cabin at the ground? That getting used for hospitality too? How many extra spaces is that giving?

Heard they were looking into temporary hospitality for next season

The cabin is definitely extra hospitality, not sure how temporary it is given they were plumbing it in etc when I was getting my ticket this week, should probably almost double our hospitality capacity given the size. 

Edited by Mexico