The Arbroath Thread

10 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Can't wait till this evolves and football teams just end up looking like a group of wanky stag doo lads with matching shirts and the banterous number 69 on the back with their nicknames above. <_< :(

Or twitter handles 

Bonny linn to Falkirk any truth in this rumour on Falkirk topic?

Aye, linn is 34 years old, just had the best season of his life winning league 1 with arbroath and instead of trying to prove himself for possibly the last time in the 2nd tier he’ll drop back down to league 1

I heard an interview with Bobby last year when he was doing the boxing training where he was saying he would like another crack at full time. However at 34 and moving up to the championship with us I would say the chances of him wanting to go to Falkirk would be very slim. We would probably need a fee of about 30 grand to even make it worthwhile.

I absolutely love it when someone randomly makes up a slightly absurd summer transfer rumour and people fall for it and it ends with the player commenting on it himself  :lol:

In totally unrelated news I've heard we've signed a well known target man centre forward who has been playing junior for the last few years after a number of years playing senior with Albion Rovers amongst others and was most recently with Cambuslang. I believe he's on holiday currently but there will be an unveiling later on with him holding up the Arbroath top :rolleyes:

Edited by SimonLichtie

On 18/06/2019 at 09:39, ecto said:

Let's face it we are only been written off because we are the smallest team in the league and part-time, we will surprise some teams, it is important we pick up points the 1st time round, when are still a bit of an unknown quantity

How anybody can call us the smallest team in the league is beyond me??

Surely you would class Arbroath FC a BIGGER club than Alloa Athletic?

2 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

How anybody can call us the smallest team in the league is beyond me??

Surely you would class Arbroath FC a BIGGER club than Alloa Athletic?

What criteria are you using to establish us as bigger than Alloa?

I don't think there's much between us, for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, Lichtielegend said:

What criteria are you using to establish us as bigger than Alloa?

I don't think there's much between us, for what it's worth.

Always amazes me that fans react to these throwaway comments.The bookies,pundits and fans of full time teams will have us nine and ten before a ball is kicked,thats reality.The fun part is when you get good results and the full time meltdown on here is good reading.

So on the pendle site...

Bayern template for the home

Malmo template for the away

Like both and will get both.

No bought a top since the Portcullis one we had, Willie Martin uptop that season. Actually had the white away one from 2008ish too, think it had Seaton Caravan Park as the sponsor. One of my favourites, plain and simple.

Think I prefer a white away kit seems to be more traditional

1 hour ago, patricelad said:

Bobby linn to falkirk is the most embarrassing thing I’ve herd all summer🤣emoji85.png

They have announced Cammy Bell today, unlike Raith, Falkirk appear to want to go up

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

So on the pendle site...

Bayern template for the home

Malmo template for the away

Like both and will get both.

No bought a top since the Portcullis one we had, Willie Martin uptop that season. Actually had the white away one from 2008ish too, think it had Seaton Caravan Park as the sponsor. One of my favourites, plain and simple.

Think I prefer a white away kit seems to be more traditional

Agree about the white kit, but just imagine what it would look like, white and maroon

They have announced Cammy Bell today, unlike Raith, Falkirk appear to want to go up

Think ots more down to the fact Raith have nothing left in the piggy bank.
And Falkirk are going to bury themselves in debt in order to get up. If they fail then they may be fucked

Ciaran Brien (defender) and Jamie MacKenzie (forward) both on trial with us after being released from St Johnstone. Neither have made a first team appearance so not expecting much but may be worth a look. Another two trialists were mentioned in the paper yesterday, one from a junior club and one from down south.