The Arbroath Thread

Shout out to bobby linn who took time out of his day yesterday to come down to tutties with the trophy for pics with the fans. Absolute club legend and all round nice guy [emoji1145]

Don’t forget Mike Caird as well.

No surprise that, on another thread, the Lichties are tipped as prime candidates for relegation, though Alloa do get a good few mentions. Can’t really argue with that - there are some big sides in the Championships with budgets that dwarf ours.

Even before we sign a few more players (surely?), it will be a weekly battle to gather points. But after 17 years in the two lower leagues, it’s something different - and Alloa’s rather than Brechin’s experience should be the guide. Hope the supporters stay patient and manage expectations

No surprise that, on another thread, the Lichties are tipped as prime candidates for relegation, though Alloa do get a good few mentions. Can’t really argue with that - there are some big sides in the Championships with budgets that dwarf ours.

Even before we sign a few more players (surely?), it will be a weekly battle to gather points. But after 17 years in the two lower leagues, it’s something different - and Alloa’s rather than Brechin’s experience should be the guide. Hope the supporters stay patient and manage expectations

Let's face it we are only been written off because we are the smallest team in the league and part-time, we will surprise some teams, it is important we pick up points the 1st time round, when are still a bit of an unknown quantity

Let's face it we are only been written off because we are the smallest team in the league and part-time, we will surprise some teams, it is important we pick up points the 1st time round, when are still a bit of an unknown quantity

Us and Alloa

I'm not overly impressed by any other teams signings so far. Dundee United look good, Thistle will improve a lot I think, but other than that and of course Stephen Dobbie nothing to be afraid of.

Obviously regardless of who plays for Dunfermline we will get pumped by them as we always seem to.

I think it’s absolutely fair we are tipped to go down being the smallest club, im happy being the underdog and its up to us to prove folk wrong, we’re definitely capable of it it with a few more additions to the squad

4 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Alloa’s rather than Brechin’s experience should be the guide. Hope the supporters stay patient and manage expectations

Absolutely.       although some of your supporters are going to be expecting way too much going by some of your posters, survival is the name of the game .

I have no issue with other teams fans predicting we'll be finish bottom/ in the bottom two - that's my prediction too :lol: I think deep down the vast majority know the chances of us finishing 8th or above is unlikely but if we can get the right signings in, add some good loans at the right times/ in the right places over the season, have a good year injury wise and Dick approaches things in the right way of course we can stay up. Longer term, whatever happens this season our aim has to be to establish ourselves as a lower Championship/ top end League 1 club over the next 5/10 years in my opinion.

I completely agree regarding sticking behind the team, there is a superb feeling about the club on and off the park at the moment and even if really struggle next year it's up to everyone to try and keep that feeling going. Personally I hope our fans will treat the 'big' away games more like cup ties; good away followings at grounds we rarely get to see with a loud, 'boisterous' (and by boisterous I mean pished) support getting behind, and staying behind, the team.