The Arbroath Thread

5cf91b5b10817_Pre-seasonFriendly4-ArbroathvsHeartofMidlothian.thumb.jpg.560d68cdc666acc33182d8cc1236c2ce.jpg

Arbroath vs Heart of Midlothian - Pre-season Friendly – Saturday 29th June - 3.00pm kick off

We will welcome Craig Levein's Heart of Midlothian to Gayfield on Saturday 29th June 2019 with a 3.00pm kick off as our first friendly fixture of the new season.

This will be a real early test for the Lichties as we take on the Scottish Cup Finalists.

Admission Prices;

£12 - Adults
£6 - Concessions (Child, Over 65, Disabled Entry + Free Carer)
£14 - Family (Adult and Child)
Season Tickets are Vaild

We look forward to welcome Hearts and their supporters and hope there will be a big turn out for our first pre-season game of the new 2019/2020 season.

C'mon the Lichties!
Mo.jpg.e20c52fcd827026873ef89306bd089d1.jpg

Montrose vs Arbroath – Pre-season Friendly – Tuesday 9th July 7.45pm kick off

Arbroath FC are pleased to announce that we will travel up the coast to take on Montrose for a pre-season friendly on Tuesday 9th July with a 7.45pm kick off

This will be another great test for the Lichties as we prepare for the 2019 / 2020 Championship Season.

Remember back in the 70's/80's/90's we had loads of friendlies away from home, QPR/Ipswich/York City to name some in the 70's/80's then Manchester and Newcastle districts in the 90's then in the 2000's Morcombe then the borders in Galashiels and then up north in the Highlands, it was great trips to go and watch the Red Lichties.    

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

http://www.qosarchive.co.uk/280902.htm

I'm sure the Highlights were on Scotsport at the time as Mexico says. I was at the game and saw it live but I also saw the footage on tv I think. It may well have been filmed by David Gow who used to film our matches from the terrace at the time. I'm not sure if he posts on here now but he may see this.

Not to exaggerate but he was a very long way out, something like 45 yards, but he wasn't quite on "the halfway line".  Our match report above refers to him as being in the centre circle. From memory I'd have said he was slightly nearer the goal than that but I may be wrong.

Cheers for the info, i have contacted Andy Cargill to read all those posts and hopefully he can get his hands on the film the "THE GOAL" 36-0

Linked with ex Utd player Morgaro Gomes, cant see it but would be an interesting signing, could be another Colin Samuel who come in on high wages no doubt but didn’t live up to hype 

Don't think it's the same, only 33 I think and he's not a goal scorer or anything just a very good player on the ball. Think it could be very decent if it come off.

I think Colin Samuel was only 29 when he signed for us.

Wow. He's only 37 now, hard paper round

Still the Samuel that turned up to us was a fair bit overweight and not at it. Still had that burst of speed and bit of quality though which made him useful. There was a midweek game against Forfar at Gayfield where he looked like Usain Bolt for one of his goals

Gomis a very fit player, tidy on ball, only recently let go by United. Would be interesting anyway. I wonder if Fyvie is possibly an option there was rumours of him going to Cove..