The Arbroath Thread

I'm sad to see Scotty go. A cracking player on his day who can get up and down the park, go on marauding runs and is a bit of a goal threat due to his height, persistence and being in the right place at the right time (often as a result of his runs up the park in the first place). His final ball isn't great but with coaching that should get better and even then, he still drives with the ball into the box, can get by a man and generally gets the ball into dangerous areas of the park. I don't think we ever got the best out of him at Airdrie. On a bad day though he can be horrendous. Looks totally inept and bereft of any ability or confidence when he's having one of those days. He has the ability and potential to make the step up and I hope he does so on a consistent basis for Arbroath. Best of luck to him. One goal of his worth seeking out is his one against Peterhead, must have been 2016/17 or 2017/18. Ran from our box with the ball all the way up the park and scored. Was a beauty. 

I'm sad to see Scotty go. A cracking player on his day who can get up and down the park, go on marauding runs and is a bit of a goal threat due to his height, persistence and being in the right place at the right time (often as a result of his runs up the park in the first place). His final ball isn't great but with coaching that should get better and even then, he still drives with the ball into the box, can get by a man and generally gets the ball into dangerous areas of the park. I don't think we ever got the best out of him at Airdrie. On a bad day though he can be horrendous. Looks totally inept and bereft of any ability or confidence when he's having one of those days. He has the ability and potential to make the step up and I hope he does so on a consistent basis for Arbroath. Best of luck to him. One goal of his worth seeking out is his one against Peterhead, must have been 2016/17 or 2017/18. Ran from our box with the ball all the way up the park and scored. Was a beauty. 

Think Dundee United were in for him a couple of year ago if I remember right? Remember the talk about him wanting to stay PT cause he was at University doing PE teaching.

A good AGM last night. Plenty of positivity. Money to spend. Dick wouldn’t be drawn too much on the striker situation. He still hopes Spence and Donnelly will come good and Doris can lose a stone in weight.

In Dick we trust!
What was the dumbest question of the night? Did someone ask about the speakers behind the goal like they did a few years ago?

In Dick we trust!
What was the dumbest question of the night? Did someone ask about the speakers behind the goal like they did a few years ago?

I usually ask about getting lids for the tea cups. I'm now resigned to getting tea up my arm in the gale force wind!

A good AGM last night. Plenty of positivity. Money to spend. Dick wouldn’t be drawn too much on the striker situation. He still hopes Spence and Donnelly will come good and Doris can lose a stone in weight.

Should be easy to do for Doris. Wee bit of extra training and discipline. Sure Bobby said he lost a stone and a bit last pre season, had nothing on him to start with

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Should be easy to do for Doris. Wee bit of extra training and discipline. Sure Bobby said he lost a stone and a bit last pre season, had nothing on him to start with

Bobby, needs to take Stevie, running up hills and boxing

I’m a bit perplexed. We needed a backup keeper for sure, but goalie was about the one position where we didn’t need an upgrade. In Dick we trust...

Need an upgrade in every position

Could you imagine Daz Hill coming on whilst under a shite load of pressure at Dens or something?

Wouldn't end well

Need an upgrade in every position

Could you imagine Daz Hill coming on whilst under a shite load of pressure at Dens or something?

Wouldn't end well

Agree. But I get a bit concerned when a team has 2 goalies of similar standing that both of them become unsettled. This calls for some of Dick’s famous man management.

Hope we get to come to Arbroath first game of season on flag day. Think you guys will do ok next season in Championship under DC, there wasn’t a lot between the teams last season and don’t imagine it will be much different this season.