The Arbroath Thread

SPFL Rule C26B states that clubs shall not include admission to a Premiership/Championship play-off match within any season ticket. There is no such rule for the other play-offs. 
It is because part of the Premiership/Championship play-off money has to be paid to the SPFL. 

We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. [emoji16]

I am delighted Arbroath are up.  The last time I went to Gayfield we had a lot of pints in a pub at the train station then Tutties, and my pal ended up upside down when Michael Moffat scored for Ayr.  Alan Forrest also scored his first league goal I think.  Cannot wait to do it again.  Will plan it better this time rather than implusively paying £30 odd for an on the day train return though!  

Screenshot_2019-06-02-21-30-13.png

Last 2 times we've shared a league with Arbroath we've won that league (2000/01  3rd tier when both teams went up, and 2001/02 2nd tier) so that combined with one of the finer away days in Scottish football means I for one am glad to see you back.

We've been spoilt with Hibs away and Ayr away the last two opening days (for day out purposes, aggregate score was 1-5), getting Arbroath away for the hat trick on day 1 would be delightful.

Last 2 times we've shared a league with Arbroath we've won that league (2000/01  3rd tier when both teams went up, and 2001/02 2nd tier) so that combined with one of the finer away days in Scottish football means I for one am glad to see you back.
We've been spoilt with Hibs away and Ayr away the last two opening days (for day out purposes, aggregate score was 1-5), getting Arbroath away for the hat trick on day 1 would be delightful.

One of my first memories at games was that season. Loved the colours of Partick since, iconic. Was it not Lambie in charge too? Alan Archibald left back and we played you first game of the season? Always remember playing LMA 2001 as us and George Shaw being a nuisance every game.

7 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

One of my first memories at games was that season. Loved the colours of Partick since, iconic. Was it not Lambie in charge too? Alan Archibald left back and we played you first game of the season? Always remember playing LMA 2001 as us and George Shaw being a nuisance every game.

All correct other than the LMA manager game which I can't verify. Yeah, we played you first game of the season at Gayfield, 1-1 draw, George Rowe scored for you, then DC signed him for us a few years later and he retired before the season started as he didn't feel up to it anymore :lol:

All correct other than the LMA manager game which I can't verify. Yeah, we played you first game of the season at Gayfield, 1-1 draw, George Rowe scored for you, then DC signed him for us a few years later and he retired before the season started as he didn't feel up to it anymore :lol:

A back post header IIRC.

4 hours ago, Lichtie78 said:

We already have the better Hamilton brother. In case you missed it he won the league at starks Park last season.
IMG_5293.jpg

Are they actually brothers? 

New Signing - Scott Stewart

Arbroath FC are very happy to announce that terms have been agreed with Airdrieonians for their wing-back Scott Stewart who will be the first new signing of the summer at Gayfield.

Scott, who is 23 already has made over 100 appearances for Airdrieonians and made his debut back in October 2013 and also captained the side for a spell at just 21 years old.

Lichties will be familiar with Scott as he lined up against us 4 times this season.

Football runs in the Stewart household with Scott’s father being Sandy Stewart who was a defender for Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle and Airdrieonians as well being the player-manager at Airdrieonians whilst also taking the role of assistant manager at Bolton Wanderers, Burnley, Blackburn Rovers, Houston Dynamo and Ross County to name but a few.

We looking forward to seeing Scott in action in an Arbroath shirt.

Welcome to the club Scott!

C’mon the Lichties!

5cf55a2db4619_ScottStewart-sm.thumb.jpg.a6bcd49b4794da9f29c16fe69043e285.jpg

Dont know much about him but from a quick google rb/rm, I suspect he will play mainly on the wing for us

Much better version of Kader imo. Hard working, up and down old fashioned wide player from what I've seen from him. Seemed a real hit prior to this season as soon as I seen he was transfer listed felt he'd have been a good addition to the squad.