The Arbroath Thread

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

Everyone in the championship thread predicting arbroath to finish bottom or second bottom. Happy enough to go into the season as underdogs and hopefully prove a lot of people wrong, wouldn’t mind some signings or at least news.....

There’s plenty of arsehole Arbroath people that will spend their time in pubs spouting this shite aswell, you know...the type that go to Glasgow for their football fix. 

There’s plenty of arsehole Arbroath people that will spend their time in pubs spouting this shite aswell, you know...the type that go to Glasgow for their football fix. 

No doubt the same people that spent all last season asking “Ach, do you really want arbroath to get promoted?”

No doubt the same people that spent all last season asking “Ach, do you really want arbroath to get promoted?”

Then turned up at Brechin to celebrate the championship and hang off the players during their celebrations.
“So happy for you Bobby, you were brilliant as a striker this season”

And the ones calling bobby linn shite when we drew 1-1 with montrose away

There was one individual behind me at Brechin lambasting Bobby for not chasing down the keeper. It was in fact Omar Kadar and Bobby was sitting about 10 seats away to his left.

Decent, that was what i was hoping for only a £20 increase and keeping the youngsters the same, well done Arbroath FC, I also hope there is not a massive increase for the AFC Corporate because although most will be sold out we have to remember the loyal folk that have been going for years when we could not sell them out.

Keep up the good work AFC.

Welcome, but your advert is wrong about season tickets being valid for all play-off games. They will be if you finish 9th but not if you finish 4th or higher.
I think the club would still honour it.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:
2 hours ago, Flash said:
Welcome, but your advert is wrong about season tickets being valid for all play-off games. They will be if you finish 9th but not if you finish 4th or higher.

I think the club would still honour it.

Yes, I think its at the home clubs, discretion if they decide season tickets are valid for play-off games. I'm sure QoS season ticket holders had to pay to get into our 9th position play-off games at home.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Yes, I think its at the home clubs, discretion if they decide season tickets are valid for play-off games. I'm sure QoS season ticket holders had to pay to get into our 9th position play-off games at home.

SPFL Rule C26B states that clubs shall not include admission to a Premiership/Championship play-off match within any season ticket. There is no such rule for the other play-offs. 

It is because part of the Premiership/Championship play-off money has to be paid to the SPFL. 

SPFL Rule C26B states that clubs shall not include admission to a Premiership/Championship play-off match within any season ticket. There is no such rule for the other play-offs. 
It is because part of the Premiership/Championship play-off money has to be paid to the SPFL. 
Yes. But a club can count how many season ticket holders have come through the turnstiles and can then use a calculator to work out how much that would cost..... and pay that sum to the SPFL.

Hell we did that for years in the cups as the gate money is split. We just handed over the equivalent of the numbers from the season tickets to the other club.