The Arbroath Thread

Ive heard Dick is a little unhappy with Kelty. He is after Kyle Gourlay who I think is now released by Dundee. Kelty offer is £500 a week !!!!!! which presumably is far in excess of what Arbroath would offer ?

Think Dick is just joining a growing private club of "pissed off by Kelty" managers!!!

Darren Young and Jim Weir are already there with a pint waiting for him!!!

This season just finished saw us break some records for the club.

17 league games unbeaten from the start of the season is easily our best ever and is also our best ever run of league games without defeat.
70 points equals our best ever actual points total, although if there were 3 points for a win in 1966/67 we’d have got 82 points, ironically finishing 3rd and missing out on promotion.
6 losses equals our lowest number of league defeats in a season.
The run of 8 league wins in a row came close but fell short of the 9 wins in a row we got in 1967/68, when we did get promoted to the top flight.
And, if you ignore the season after the Second World War which was not a full league (so I don’t count it as the official league) then Omar scored our 3000th home league goal netting our first v Stenny on 1st December.

All in all, not a bad season.

This season just finished saw us break some records for the club.

17 league games unbeaten from the start of the season is easily our best ever and is also our best ever run of league games without defeat.
70 points equals our best ever actual points total, although if there were 3 points for a win in 1966/67 we’d have got 82 points, ironically finishing 3rd and missing out on promotion.
6 losses equals our lowest number of league defeats in a season.
The run of 8 league wins in a row came close but fell short of the 9 wins in a row we got in 1967/68, when we did get promoted to the top flight.
And, if you ignore the season after the Second World War which was not a full league (so I don’t count it as the official league) then Omar scored our 3000th home league goal netting our first v Stenny on 1st December.

All in all, not a bad season.

I feel doubly blessed having witnessed 67/68 as a schoolboy and this season as a pensioner!

Very excited to see a fully fit Steven Doris, I think he’ll have a very big part to play up top as I can see McKenna being used from midfield more often next season. Still think we need another two strikers on top of what we have.

Anybody seen any of the AFC players Magalluf photos? McKenna put a group photo on his Pussbook but you cannot hardly make out who the players were?

A few of them have instagram. The majority of the squad were there and looked like they had a ball