The Arbroath Thread

36 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Off the top of my head; Jim Lister, Bryan Prunty, Scott Agnew, Mitch Megginson, and Robert Thomson were the only guys to manage it for us - and none of them got close to 20. An 8-12 goal striker, a 6-8 goal midfielder and a 6-8 goal winger (Linn will probably get more than that, lets be honest) and you should be alright going forward. I'd imagine a loan forward would be your best option, and then maybe pick up someone let go by a full-time team for the midfield gap.

Trouten and Buchanan might be the only ones from any other club.

I see that Prunty, Lister and Agnew all did it in the same season. Having 3 10+ scorers is almost as much of a unicorn as a 20+ striker.

Edited by Lichtielegend

30 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

Trouten and Buchanan might be the only ones from any other club.

I see that Prunty, Lister and Agnew all did it in the same season. Having 3 10+ scorers is almost as much of a unicorn as a 20+ striker.

The Ian Murray impact. Aggy didn't even score that season until Murray's first league game on December 29!

Someone might surprise you. Jim Lister had, had a poor season with Brechin in League One prior to signing for us, but Championship defenders just couldn't live with him as such an old-fashioned number nine type.