The Arbroath Thread

Why would he be dropped?

Was it not the problem of having to train in Perth that was the issue for him leaving us?

That and every game even the home games was a fair commute. Stays in Aberdeen they train in Aberdeen play there home games in Aberdeen so essentially he will only be making 18 journeys plus cup games. He visited sites through his work so sometimes he would be down around Perth/Dundee and further south in the morning, back to the office in Aberdeen in the afternoon, then back down to Perth for training at night. f**k that

Had to laugh when I read “gold has been a fans favourite ever since he signed”
Absolutely not the case whatsoever 

The first season fans were either hating him or on the fence.

But im glad he signed on again and has been a great servant to the club ever since.

42 minutes ago, gone.fishing said:

hearing that montrose forfar east fife in for doris

In today's Courier it say's DORIS, GOLD, KADER & MCKENNA have joined LINN in signing new deals for the Red Lichties.

On the down side imo we have released the most gifted and skillful  player at Gayfield in Ryan McCord, yes i get he is not the fittest but he is a superb footballer and a goal threat, just sit him in the centre of midfield dictating play and pinging the passes plus taken all set-pieces, his final game against Dumbarton he was great hence he won the M.O.M..

I have no doubt whatever team he signs for he will be a success, hopefully he does not sign for the Scum or Emmerdale but i have a funny feeling he will be at one of them. 

This is not being negative but always  disappointed when one of your favourite players leaves the club, i have no doubt DC will have a decent replacement lined up.        

In today's Courier it say's DORIS, GOLD, KADER & MCKENNA have joined LINN in signing new deals for the Red Lichties.
On the down side imo we have released the most gifted and skillful  player at Gayfield in Ryan McCord, yes i get he is not the fittest but he is a superb footballer and a goal threat, just sit him in the centre of midfield dictating play and pinging the passes plus taken all set-pieces, his final game against Dumbarton he was great hence he won the M.O.M..
I have no doubt whatever team he signs for he will be a success, hopefully he does not sign for the Scum or Emmerdale but i have a funny feeling he will be at one of them. 
This is not being negative but always  disappointed when one of your favourite players leaves the club, i have no doubt DC will have a decent replacement lined up.        

Skilful player. Passes and shoots better than anyone in our squad, but embarrassingly overweight and showing no sign of getting fit. Not a player we can carry in the Championship.

Ryan McCord wouldn't be able to sit in midfield dictating play next season against anyone, we are gonna be up against it a lot next season and he's too much of a luxury player

He will go to Brechin and be a star in League 2 again

He is incredibly talented and skilful but lacking in the other side of his game which is also pretty important especially the higher the level you play

Been brilliant for us though and I wish him all the best

Hope we made a profit on Wallace.
Also be good to see Blair Yule getting promotion into SPFL with Cove, providing they don't do a Barcelona against Berwick.

Don't think we win the league without him and McKenna. More than paid for his fee

20 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

He is incredibly talented and skilful but lacking in the other side of his game which is also pretty important especially the higher the level you play

Wrong.

Everyone knows the higher the level, the more time you get on the ball.