The Arbroath Thread

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

However you could launch it up to Templeman and it would stick like Velcro

Donnelly gets brushed aside with ease you can't get the ball to his feet unless he literally has nobody on him

Still young though. I would've thought he'd be worth persevering with, no?

Still young though. I would've thought he'd be worth persevering with, no?
Well he cant jump. If he does jump he goes from 6'4" to 5'4" as his neck retracts back into his body.
He can be brushed off the ball very easy as he has no fight or strength to him.

And as said before, you can only get the ball too him when there is no one within 10 yards of him as he is very skittish when an opposing player is near him. Looks to get the ball away from him as quick as possible.

Last game of the season summed him up. The Dumbarton players treated him like the mate who comes and plays 5 a side. We all know he is rubbish so you take it easy on him. You even encourage him to have a free shot at goal. He had the ball 25 yards out. The Dumbarton players let him get closer and closer to goal. Near the edge of the box he tried to take a shot. Tried as much power behind it as he could muster....... ball barely made the 6 yard line and about 10 yards wide. It was a pathetic attempt at goal and you could see him wilt as he realised how bad he really was.

9 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Well he cant jump. If he does jump he goes from 6'4" to 5'4" as his neck retracts back into his body.

And as said before, you can only get the ball too him when there is no one within 10 yards of him as he is very skittish when an opposing player is near him. Looks to get the ball away from him as quick as possible.

Last game of the season summed him up. The Dumbarton players treated him like the mate who comes and plays 5 a side. We all know he is rubbish so you take it easy on him. You even encourage him to have a free shot at goal. He had the ball 25 yards out. The Dumbarton players let him get closer and closer to goal. Near the edge of the box he tried to take a shot. Tried as much power behind it as he could muster....... ball barely made the 6 yard line and about 10 yards wide. It was a pathetic attempt at goal and you could see him wilt as he realised how bad he really was.

So do you rate him or not?

Maybe a bit harsh, not been great for us but has been a good L1 player for Stranraer must have something about him, for top of L1/Championship though think that's a step too high

Maybe a bit harsh, not been great for us but has been a good L1 player for Stranraer must have something about him, for top of L1/Championship though think that's a step too high
At best he is a League 2 player. Nothing about him says he is even good enough for the bottom end of League 1.

5 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:
25 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

At best he is a League 2 player. Nothing about him says he is even good enough for the bottom end of League 1.

Surprised Donnelly hasn’t kicked on since leaving QP. Really liked him, although I can understand the frustrations people have with him regarding his severe lack of aerial ability and general body language on the pitch. Would happily have him back however 

First off, disappointed to see Wallace go, imo he was our biggest threat at goal apart from Bobby.

I also reckon he took the huff when the 2 new forwards came in January and he was (unfairly imo) dropped for the new signings. 

I had heard he was going to Airdrie full-time as he never had a job and came from that area which i would understand but to leave us for East Fife is strange so there must be something else, either he is still in the huff and DC has had enough and punted him.

In regards the Spence/Donnelly i actually think there is a player in Spence so lets give him a pre-season and hopefully he gets a couple of goals in pre-seasons games and kicks on, in regards Donnelly if he turns out like Templeman i would be delighted as he was a player i always rated and always wanted the Red Lichties to sign, he was skillful, good in the air and could take a goal, lets hope Luke proves a lot of people wrong next season but his body language was frustrating me and he never seemed to burst a gut and looked lethargic. 

Any interest in Austin looks dead with Kelty throwing money at him
No surprise there then. They are going places now they are in the pyramid system. Will be favourites to win the league next year.

Cove Rangers might be a surprise package next year also. Heard they maybe about to sign Fraser Fyvie as his knees are gone and not able to sustain full time football anymore.

And Blair Yule will be dropped. Will probably leave anyway as he doesn’t like the travel
Why would he be dropped?

Was it not the problem of having to train in Perth that was the issue for him leaving us?