The Arbroath Thread

4 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

He was already contracted for next season. Consensus seems to be that Wallace didn’t want to potentially play a part time role in the championship and wanted to seek game time elsewhere, which is fair enough.

Agree it's fair enough on his part, and also fair enough on Dick's part if he wants to play every week as there's obviously no guarantee of that. I wonder if we'd be in this position if we hadn't signed the dynamic duo in January though...... There is a huge difference between having Donnelly/ Spence on the books and Wallace, and to think there's a good chance we've lost a good player who could have contributed a lot to us next year for two good wages out for players that I don't feel will contribute at all is very frustrating.

Regardless, he's away and as mentioned before we're now miles short up top as things stand. Stevie Wonder could see we're in dire need of strikers and a winger, so I'm sure Dick will also and will be doing his thing to try and sort the situation in the next month or two :)

I'd actually go as far as saying our current striking options are the worst we've had since Dick came to the club - it's the only area we've regressed in recently despite climbing the leagues.

Agree it's fair enough on his part, and also fair enough on Dick's part if he wants to play every week as there's obviously no guarantee of that. I wonder if we'd be in this position if we hadn't signed the dynamic duo in January though...... There is a huge difference between having Donnelly/ Spence on the books and Wallace, and to think there's a good chance we've lost a good player who could have contributed a lot to us next year for two good wages out for players that I don't feel will contribute at all is very frustrating.
Regardless, he's away and as mentioned before we're now miles short up top as things stand. Stevie Wonder could see we're in dire need of strikers and a winger, so I'm sure Dick will also and will be doing his thing to try and sort the situation in the next month or two [emoji4]
I'd actually go as far as saying our current striking options are the worst we've had since Dick came to the club - it's the only area we've regressed in recently despite climbing the leagues.

To be fair, I don’t think anyone could have foreseen Spence being as awful as he has been. His career seems to be in a bit of a downward spiral and dropping down a league to get his confidence back may be the answer. Then again if he goes to League Two and doesn’t perform...

1 hour ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

Big Luke has the ability but with that ability you need some commitment, heart and desire and he lacks that in abundance. Glimpses of magic in a game then hides the rest. I wasn't to saddened when he left in January.

Would happily take Spence

A fair assessment of Luke as far as I have seen of him, he needs more drive about him maybe the kind of player that needs to get angry on the pitch to get the best out of him.

Iv heard Ryan asked to leave. That shows a lack of desire which is disappointing
I had heard that he was leaving as far back as December. Probably why we signed 2 new strikers and gave them more game time

4 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Iv heard Ryan asked to leave. That shows a lack of desire which is disappointing

Not really surprising considering Dick brought in 2 strikers [alledgedly?] and dropped Wallace. The new players only scored 1 competitive goal between them and had we not had a healthy lead in the league it is my opinion we would have been struggling to get promoted with the fore mentioned players.

Not really surprising considering Dick brought in 2 strikers [alledgedly?] and dropped Wallace. The new players only scored 1 competitive goal between them and had we not had a healthy lead in the league it is my opinion we would have been struggling to get promoted with the fore mentioned players.

I’d rather he tried to stay and fight for his place. Wouldn’t you?

The Campbells loved big Templeman and even tried to sign him after you won league 2. They maybe see something similar in Donnelly.

Donnelly isn’t a target man. Better player with the ball at his feet