The Arbroath Thread

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Donnelly has already played at Championship level and was abysmal. And the idea that it somehow gets easier to play as a forward when taking the biggest step-up in level in all the Scottish leagues is just flat-out wrong.

Greg Stewart (who is basically Luke Donnelly lite) backs me up.

McGuigan from Stenny would be my target if he would come. Maybe Leighton MacIntosh back from Airdrie? I hear he’s been released. Always a good goal getter for us .

MacIntosh? Nooooo. Scores a few goals in League 1 but no control - the ball just bounces off him.

Leighton Mcintosh? Done a job but for a league up? Nahhhhh

Hope we can get Austin. No sure if McGuigan would be a goer don't see why he would sign a new 2 year deal with Stenny, there was a good chance they could be relegated when he signed too.

I know it hasn't worked out for him but do you think he will be released?
Heard rumbling that some in the club are worried about having Spence and Donnelly for next season as they are clearly not good enough for the step up.

So a free transfer might be on the cards.

Big Luke has the ability but with that ability you need some commitment, heart and desire and he lacks that in abundance. Glimpses of magic in a game then hides the rest. I wasn't to saddened when he left in January.

Would happily take Spence

Has there been a fall out with Dick and Ryan Wallace he looked easily Arbroath best striker the times I saw  him during the season. Had Arbroath offered him a new deal. 

He was already contracted for next season. Consensus seems to be that Wallace didn’t want to potentially play a part time role in the championship and wanted to seek game time elsewhere, which is fair enough.

I know it hasn't worked out for him but do you think he will be released?

I’m not sure. I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’s anywhere good enough to make the step-up. He will be on a good wage and won’t want to sit on the bench at this stage of his career, so could perhaps see a mutual consent job if there is no one interested. Donnelly has been slightly better than Spence IMO and at least has youth on his side.