The Arbroath Thread

Who might these forward players be that are linked with the team?
Moffat? McGuigan? Henderson? Nisbet?
(Just throwing names out there)

Can’t see any of them being linked tbh.
Moffat and Nesbit are both full time and can’t see them taking the step down to part time level. Henderson I personally don’t think is good enough for the championship even tho he has had a terrific season for Edinburgh city and McGuigan signed a new deal with stenny recently so we’d need to pay a fair not of money for him.

58 minutes ago, gone.fishing said:

surely we must be looking to strengthen the defence we cant go into the championship with just 4 recognised defenders as good as they are we must get cover for injuries etc

I could've coped with league 1 but don't think I'm quite up to championship level. Don't think Dick likes the fact I've got 2 left feet. :P

Does anyone think the Gayfield pitch might need relaid? It seems to get a little more uneven each year (especially along the main stand and in the goals). The goalposts at the Harbour end no longer seem perpendicular to me. This is not a criticism of the groundsman who maintains it very well but just the progress of time.

Does anyone think the Gayfield pitch might need relaid? It seems to get a little more uneven each year (especially along the main stand and in the goals). The goalposts at the Harbour end no longer seem perpendicular to me. This is not a criticism of the groundsman who maintains it very well but just the progress of time.

No

Be a waste of money for such a small nothing issue that could be better spent elsewhere

Doubt there'll be many grounds in Scotland where the pitch doesn't have a slope somewhere

Regarding the pitch, what are people's thoughts on potentially taking a similar approach to Alloa?

They narrowed and shortened their park. I'm sure the park is the absolute minimum size. Obviously done it to try and gain some kind of advantage a level up.

They also done it halfway through a season in their championship stint before it so they obviously seem to think there's something to it

Maybe worth looking into

I noticed there was a bit of a mound in the penalty area at the pleasureland end. For the money the club have spent on doing up the rest of Gayfield this season, bringing it up to a more modern, clean look, then a smidge of money into getting the pitch into a better condition wouldn't go a miss. The groundsmen have been doing a fab job in keeping the grass in good condition this season.

22 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We are

I can't help but wonder if you guys might make a move for Craig Barr. He spoke on Danny Denholm's podcast about finding it difficult travelling to Glasgow alone twice a week for training with us, is out of contract, will likely be one of our better earners and is proven as a very good Championship player. Has his own business too, so won't be looking at full-time football again.

Just a thought that's been bouncing about my mind for a few weeks. Mango, Little and TOB would be three sensational central defensive options.

I can't help but wonder if you guys might make a move for Craig Barr. He spoke on Danny Denholm's podcast about finding it difficult travelling to Glasgow alone twice a week for training with us, is out of contract, will likely be one of our better earners and is proven as a very good Championship player. Has his own business too, so won't be looking at full-time football again.
Just a thought that's been bouncing about my mind for a few weeks. Mango, Little and TOB would be three sensational central defensive options.

Would also reinforce our already amazing looking team. I am all for this.

Forfar out while Montrose were pumped

Best team in Angus are who?????

Lochee United!!!
Right boys, Danny Denholm, let's hear it!!!

Lochee United!!!
Right boys, Danny Denholm, let's hear it!!!

Think most would agree that he was pretty meh last season but really pretty good the season before

Got an Injury against Forfar start of 2018 and just hasn't been the same since, maybe lost a yard of pace

Good Player in there though if he can get fit and confident again I reckon