The Arbroath Thread

Danny Denholm is a brilliant player, although this has not been his best season when he plays we always look exciting and dangerous going forward, him and Bobby on the wings will be vital for next season.

Well that’s just incorrect

Danny Denholm is a brilliant player, although this has not been his best season when he plays we always look exciting and dangerous going forward, him and Bobby on the wings will be vital for next season.

Nonsense. Denholm has barely taken a game since the first half of 17/18.

Clearly good enough for League 1. Every team but Raith would probably take him. When fit and when he first joined one of the best PT wingers out there. Not had a good season and needs to get back playing and fit. Think DC realises all this and is undecided on what to do, when ToB got his contract extended earlier this season I thought then that this would happen with DD at the end of the season. Wait and see, has potential to get back to the level he was and be an asset but it's whether DC thinks he can get to that level or not

End of day whatever DC decides I'll be happy with, I am personally undecided

Compared to Bobby, most wingers look fairly average.

DD needs to forget about all his podcasting or whatever nonsense it is & start concentrating on becoming a better player. Not sure about championship but he can be up there for a league 1 club.

Fife fans were lauding up Wilkie a couple of years ago & he seems to have gone off the boil.

Confidence plays a massive part for some players. DD lacking plenty right now.

Another winger and goalscorer should be our priority. Think denholm & kader would be decent back up out wide

Think we need a couple like that. Creative, pacey can get a goal. Like I said earlier that's the main position Alloa strengthened in. Cawley was already a good player doing that, Zanatta, Shields and Kirkpatrick all similar all very good and all better than what we have as a second option behind Bobby at the moment

On 28/04/2019 at 21:54, lichtie23 said:

Well that’s just incorrect

Hey guys what a season we have had, roll on Saturday to celebrate with all you loyal Maroons, Mon the Super Red Lichties, I know everyone is entitled to there opinion and fair play but Danny is a brilliant player who has been brilliant for us and we shouldn’t forget that, like I said and he even admits in his blogs and podcasts he is disappointed in himself this season and has put that down to lack of confidence, he has also stated the effects of negative criticism from own fans doesn’t help either in his blogs, We as fans should be fully supportive of all our players and direct all the negatives towards the opposition instead , I don’t like when our own fans are calling out or slagging off our own players, In DC we should all trust, look what it’s giving us so far, I trust him again with next seasons squad. 36-0

Hey guys what a season we have had, roll on Saturday to celebrate with all you loyal Maroons, Mon the Super Red Lichties, I know everyone is entitled to there opinion and fair play but Danny is a brilliant player who has been brilliant for us and we shouldn’t forget that, like I said and he even admits in his blogs and podcasts he is disappointed in himself this season and has put that down to lack of confidence, he has also stated the effects of negative criticism from own fans doesn’t help either in his blogs, We as fans should be fully supportive of all our players and direct all the negatives towards the opposition instead , I don’t like when our own fans are calling out or slagging off our own players, In DC we should all trust, look what it’s giving us so far, I trust him again with next seasons squad. 36-0

Sort of agree but maybe not to the same extent, after each game I think players should be criticised or praised on their performances then leave it at that.

At the moment though people are giving their opinions on what next seasons squad should be so kind of get it. Daily Spence and Donnelly discussion just goes round in circles.

Football fans as a whole and supporters of all teams are fickle too there was times where some would surely have a red neck seeing what they said about guys like Gold/Wallace/Swankie and the way they speak about them now.

DD hasn't had a great time of it this season but he was our top goal scorer and one of our better players last season, players are no robots and have good and bad years like everyone else

Personally leave DC to do his thing and try get behind the players he's brought here, seems to kin what he's doing

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Sort of agree but maybe not to the same extent, after each game I think players should be criticised or praised on their performances then leave it at that.

At the moment though people are giving their opinions on what next seasons squad should be so kind of get it. Daily Spence and Donnelly discussion just goes round in circles.

Football fans as a whole and supporters of all teams are fickle too there was times where some would surely have a red neck seeing what they said about guys like Gold/Wallace/Swankie and the way they speak about them now.

DD hasn't had a great time of it this season but he was our top goal scorer and one of our better players last season, players are no robots and have good and bad years like everyone else

Personally leave DC to do his thing and try get behind the players he's brought here, seems to kin what he's doing

Superb mate and well said, Honestly his blogs and podcasts are superb and give an insight into the life of a part time footballer balancing family and working life, loads of the stuff has me in stitches, Think you would really like it, It’s a bit like the De Gea situation at United, getting a hard time at the moment but people are quick to forget all the great things.