The Arbroath Thread

22 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I would add Omar and Hill to that.

In DC interview on that radio station he made a comment about Spence and Donnelly being very good players but not sure how much he could utilise them in the league above. So maybe they will end up elsewhere who knows.

Looking forward to seeing how we shape up. We're in a good position now for potentially getting some exciting loan players.

Stay well away from loan players unless we have some sort off injury crisis in the future.

17 minutes ago, Hayshead said:

Stay well away from loan players unless we have some sort off injury crisis in the future.

Loan players have played an absolutely massive part in Alloa being as competitive as they have this season - if there are loan options available that will improve the team/ squad, why would we not look to get them in?

I'm not talking some sort of Todd Lumsden shit show where we have 4/5/6 completely untested kids on loan, but I certainly wouldn't be turning down the likes of Dario Zanetta, Jack Aitchison or Connor Shields on loan. If Alloa had I doubt they'd be anywhere near the position they're currently in.

49 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Loan players have played an absolutely massive part in Alloa being as competitive as they have this season - if there are loan options available that will improve the team/ squad, why would we not look to get them in?

I'm not talking some sort of Todd Lumsden shit show where we have 4/5/6 completely untested kids on loan, but I certainly wouldn't be turning down the likes of Dario Zanetta, Jack Aitchison or Connor Shields on loan. If Alloa had I doubt they'd be anywhere near the position they're currently in.

I would have thought, that playing in the Championship, the quality of available loanees, should be higher, surely

Thinking of next season. It will be interesting to see how many of our home games that have segregation in place.

The 50/50 split is very detrimental to us fans that like to switch sides at half time.

Would be great if we put the segregation fences in the corner.

Thinking of next season. It will be interesting to see how many of our home games that have segregation in place.

The 50/50 split is very detrimental to us fans that like to switch sides at half time.

Would be great if we put the segregation fences in the corner.

Excellent and practical suggestion - the current segregation arrangements spoil the ‘enjoyment’ of home games for many of the home support. And we’ll need to maximise every ounce of advantage from home games next season to have any chance.

For away fans, with the possible exception of the Dundee clubs, that would still provide sufficient capacity. Visiting iconic Gayfield alone even if slightly confined should be enough to satisfy them while addressing the genetic migratory urges of the home support.

Not infrequently, I choose which away game to travel on the basis of the ground itself (traditional preferred) and, though a season ticket holder, sometimes don’t travel up for home games if segregation is in place.

3 hours ago, Hayshead said:

That's a daft thing to say. Loan players are vital if you want to retain your place in the Champipnship, because you won't be able to compete with the likes of Dunfermline, Morton or Partick Thistle for permanent players.

If it wasn't for (takes deep breath) guys like Paul McGinn, Chris Kane, Aaron Barr, Mikey Miller, Danny Rogers, Stuart Findlay, Jamie Lindsay, Joe Thomson and Sam Stanton (:wub:) we'd have been relegated far sooner than we were. That's before you even think about Lewis Vaughan.

That's a daft thing to say. Loan players are vital if you want to retain your place in the Champipnship, because you won't be able to compete with the likes of Dunfermline, Morton or Partick Thistle for permanent players.
If it wasn't for (takes deep breath) guys like Paul McGinn, Chris Kane, Aaron Barr, Mikey Miller, Danny Rogers, Stuart Findlay, Jamie Lindsay, Joe Thomson and Sam Stanton (:wub:) we'd have been relegated far sooner than we were. That's before you even think about Lewis Vaughan.

I’d take Dom Thomas

I thought Lewis Vaughan spent his life on a pair of crutches?

Today a big wake up call. There’s no way Spence or Donnelly can contribute next season, and the only way I can see us offloading is with swap deals.

I thought Lewis Vaughan spent his life on a pair of crutches?

Today a big wake up call. There’s no way Spence or Donnelly can contribute next season, and the only way I can see us offloading is with swap deals.
Or take them to the local vet and have them put down.

46 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Very poor result for Arbroath my thoughts go to the fans at this moment.

Back to doubting Dick Campbell. Stay strong lads and get a kipper doon ye.

Fu**ing kippers