The Arbroath Thread

Absolutely.It would have been a travesty if he hadn't.

Edited to add.

Linn
Thomas
Nisbet
Hilson.

In that order [emoji106]

In my incredibly biased view I think Bobby is the sure fire winner. Nisbet obviously has the goals advantage but 23 goals from the wing is incredible from Bobby.

After winning the league it is always hard to free players so i would like to keep all the current Red Lichtie players, i would love to see the legend that is Steven Doris (the only player to win the 3 league Championships with us) and the multi-talented Ryan McCord to stay with us but both have struggled to get a starting place this season but they might be happy to be "bit-part" players next season or both can improve their fitness and grab a starting place.

We have a very small squad so maybe keep our current squad and add 3 or 4 higher class players.

the reason doris isnt match fit is because dc brought in donnelly and spence. he was sat on the bench for 5or6 weeks with donnelly starting in front of him i know who i and other lichties would rather keep. both doris and pongo will have lots of suitors trying to sign them hopefully dc sees sense and keeps both them both are championship quality.

the reason doris isnt match fit is because dc brought in donnelly and spence. he was sat on the bench for 5or6 weeks with donnelly starting in front of him i know who i and other lichties would rather keep. both doris and pongo will have lots of suitors trying to sign them hopefully dc sees sense and keeps both them both are championship quality.

Welcome back Big Lichtie.

Doris and McCord just don't look fit never mind match fit.

McCord has probably never been at his full fitness potential whilst he's been here but he's got away with it in League 2 because of his class and in League 1 he's done well when he's played but obviously can't make as much an impact as he done in the league below.

Doris was in horrendous shape when he first came here, would've been in bad nick for an amateur never mind a pro but by the end of that season and the start of last season he looked in phenomenal shape, running about like McKenna does now. Hasn't managed to get back to that. The build up play for Yules goal against QP always stands out for me and that was Doris at his best.

Realise it's hard when you don't play as much but that's only 90 minutes on a Saturday.

I think Wallace has looked sharp all season even coming back in after not playing.

As it stands I would much rather keep McCord and Doris than Donnelly based on what I've seen so far but DC obviously sees something in Donnelly and is looked at as a punt.

McCord and Doris definitely have the quality to be an asset next season but they need to join Bobby on his hill runs and boxing training I reckon. I think Doris has that in him to go and get that fit but I'm not sure about McCord.

Doris and McCord just don't look fit never mind match fit.

McCord has probably never been at his full fitness potential whilst he's been here but he's got away with it in League 2 because of his class and in League 1 he's done well when he's played but obviously can't make as much an impact as he done in the league below.

Doris was in horrendous shape when he first came here, would've been in bad nick for an amateur never mind a pro but by the end of that season and the start of last season he looked in phenomenal shape, running about like McKenna does now. Hasn't managed to get back to that. The build up play for Yules goal against QP always stands out for me and that was Doris at his best.

Realise it's hard when you don't play as much but that's only 90 minutes on a Saturday.

I think Wallace has looked sharp all season even coming back in after not playing.

As it stands I would much rather keep McCord and Doris than Donnelly based on what I've seen so far but DC obviously sees something in Donnelly and is looked at as a punt.

McCord and Doris definitely have the quality to be an asset next season but they need to join Bobby on his hill runs and boxing training I reckon. I think Doris has that in him to go and get that fit but I'm not sure about McCord.

About right. I just can’t see McCord turning his fitness around now to a level where he can play in the Championship, and Doris is miles off it right now. Dick and Ian will know whether they can make it.

lets not forget doris had no pre season in him because of his injury his pre season started basically in november last year. agree when he rejoined was in bad shape worked hard got fit and scooped all the awards at the end of that season. get a pre season in him and i think would be such an asset for the championship

There is big difference between fit and match fit. Doris could probably last a full 90 minutes. But you can see by his body language that he knows he is off the pace.

Being match fit can give players that edge to perform at their very best. Can see plays happening before the defensers, can make that run just a fraction earlier or switch his feet quicker. Mentally he seems down.

He got a few games to prove himself then banished to the bench. How was he ever going to be able to build up any forward momentum on the bench?

There was a few times where he showed flashes of his ability but DC seemed more interested in giving Spence and Donkely long runs in the team than giving Doris a chance.

Perhaps if Doris stays, with a full pre season under his belt and some confidence he can get back to his best. But i do feel like he will leave and go somewhere where he will be afforded more game time to get back to his best rather than stay to warm a bench.

There is big difference between fit and match fit. Doris could probably last a full 90 minutes. But you can see by his body language that he knows he is off the pace.

Being match fit can give players that edge to perform at their very best. Can see plays happening before the defensers, can make that run just a fraction earlier or switch his feet quicker. Mentally he seems down.

He got a few games to prove himself then banished to the bench. How was he ever going to be able to build up any forward momentum on the bench?

There was a few times where he showed flashes of his ability but DC seemed more interested in giving Spence and Donkely long runs in the team than giving Doris a chance.

Perhaps if Doris stays, with a full pre season under his belt and some confidence he can get back to his best. But i do feel like he will leave and go somewhere where he will be afforded more game time to get back to his best rather than stay to warm a bench.

Doris and McCord don't look fit or match fit