The Arbroath Thread

So, now that title’s in the bag, how should we approach the three final games? It’s a huge, and well deserved luxury to have three free games. So should we keep the same starting lineup or give a start to some of our classy bench to mix it up? It maybe a bit difficult to motivate the players or maybe retain the necessary focus.... but equally, we could maybe now play with greater freedom, and nothing to lose. I hope we can break the 70 points

Give some of the fans a chance to impress. I reckon I could put in a decent shift in the middle of the park. Or I could be the man to two foot Bobby Barr in the opening seconds of the final game of the season

So, now that title’s in the bag, how should we approach the three final games? It’s a huge, and well deserved luxury to have three free games. So should we keep the same starting lineup or give a start to some of our classy bench to mix it up? It maybe a bit difficult to motivate the players or maybe retain the necessary focus.... but equally, we could maybe now play with greater freedom, and nothing to lose. I hope we can break the 70 points

I’d give McCord, Donnelly and Spence a game. Just so long as they don’t embarrass us on live TV. I’ve told my friends how good we are. [emoji52]

15 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I’d give McCord, Donnelly and Spence a game. Just so long as they don’t embarrass us on live TV. I’ve told my friends how good we are. emoji52.png

We've got a terrible record on tv so would choose the strongest XI available. Can have a mix and mash lineup for final 2 matches.

1 hour ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

We've got a terrible record on tv so would choose the strongest XI available. Can have a mix and mash lineup for final 2 matches.

Kind of hoping, now the championship is won, pressure off, players can just go out and enjoy the last three games

19 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Been thinking much the same myself. Hoping that now the pressure is off we will see some good possession football and build up play and a little less of lumping high balls up the park. The players, whoever is on the park, shouldn't need any more motivation that to show how good they can be, especially against the runners up in the league. Raith will be up for the game and want to put one over the champions and narrow the points gap to make it look more respectable from their point of view. 

Should be a big crowd and a good atmosphere and hope we can put on a decent show in front of the cameras. Would like to see Doris and McCord get some game time but will probably see Donnelly and Spence instead.

6 hours ago, SotesBornalichtie said:

Been thinking much the same myself. Hoping that now the pressure is off we will see some good possession football and build up play and a little less of lumping high balls up the park. The players, whoever is on the park, shouldn't need any more motivation that to show how good they can be, especially against the runners up in the league. Raith will be up for the game and want to put one over the champions and narrow the points gap to make it look more respectable from their point of view. 

Should be a big crowd and a good atmosphere and hope we can put on a decent show in front of the cameras. Would like to see Doris and McCord get some game time but will probably see Donnelly and Spence instead.

Think you need to lighten up a bit, we’ve just won the league with 3 games to spare. Im not overly fussed who we play or how we play, would be nice to see some good games but I’m just pleased it’s all over and done with. Suspect we will see quite a bit of McCord, Doris, Spence and Donnelly and hopefully they can all perform and finish the season strongly. 

Two games to go, be interested to see what everyone thinks about our out of contract players...

Jamieson-Keep 100%. Really good all round keeper, a very good signing.

Hill-Will go with everyone’s best wishes. Would like to see him get a wee sub appearance before the end of the season.

Gold-Keep. If a few years ago someone told me I’d be backing Gold for a championship contract I would have thought they were mad, but what an important role he has played this season. I also believe he still has unfulfilled potential which will come in time.

Whatley-Think this one will be quite divisive amongst fans. My thoughts are that if we were to play a midfield 3 next season then Whatley would start in my team most weeks, but DC doesn’t seem keen. I’d be happy to keep him as a squad player but I think we will need a better defensive midfielder to play week in week out.

Denholm-Him leaving will suit both parties IMO. There is a good player there, but for whatever reason he hasn’t performed consistently since November 2017. Will probably have his pick of part time teams.

Kader-I think we will keep one of Denholm and Kader, and for me it has to be Kader. I don’t rate him particularly highly but he will be cheaper and more likely to accept a bit part role.

McCord-We all know how good Pongo can be, and DC seems to have a soft spot for him. Swankie’s indifferent form since the new year also makes me think he could be worth a deal. So hard to decide though when we don’t know what nick he will be in come pre-season.

McKenna-Keep 100%. Think he will be used more in midfield next season. Seems to raise his game for big matches and his intensity + engine will be vital IMO.

Doris-If we didn’t have Spence and Donnelly contracted I would take him every single day of the week, but we cannot have all 3. I’m convinced that if Doris was given a run in the team he would be sharp and a no-brainer to keep on. Unfortunately I think he will be away though.

Think that’s everyone...

Would also hope some thought is being given to moving Donnelly on, have seen nothing to suggest he can cope at this level.

Anyone witness the old man falling while attempting to exit the stand at about 75 minutes in yesterdays game

The stupid old duffer was my Father who ended up in an ambulance :unsure:

All good just a few bumps, bruises and stitches.

Moaning he missed the equaliser.

Hoping I can get some footage on Arbroath telly ?

Taking him to Lochee Utd v Tayport on wednesday but worried about him rolling down the hill. :P

Edited by superbigal

Anyone witness the old man falling while attempting to exit the stand at about 75 minutes in yesterdays game
Taking him to Lochee Utd v Tayport on wednesday but worried about him rolling down the hill. [emoji14]

If you check the match thread or YouTube Raith Rovers have posted highlights up. If not it will possibly be on catch up. Hope he is ok. I will also be attending that game.

Mon the Lochee.

Taking him to Lochee Utd v Tayport on wednesday but worried about him rolling down the hill. [emoji14]

I seen the ambulance with the blue lights going. Must have been a nasty one

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If you check the match thread or YouTube Raith Rovers have posted highlights up. If not it will possibly be on catch up. Hope he is ok. I will also be attending that game.

Mon the Lochee.

Should have said I mean highlights of his fall and not the equaliser :lol: