The Arbroath Thread

Firstly can I say a massive well done to you guys, a brilliant effort and truly deserve the title of champions. 
A couple mates and I do a podcast called TalkLivi, we usually have a whole podcast discussing Livi with a featured interview but as we didn’t have a game this week we thought we’d just release and interview. 
This week we featured current Arbroath number 1 and ex Livi favourite Darren Jamieson. 
Deejay spoke about a whole host of things but also spoke fondly about his time with Arbroath and his plans for next season. 
Just thought you guys might be interested as I know he’s become quite popular with you.
iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/talk-livi/id1454431947?mt=2#episodeGuid=7ca9164f4df94da09e5a2037d0cf1c6c
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/episode/49i5JBVjhHxAv1qLFVGjOF?si=WQwKxQKTS465_l_eZMBAIQ
website - TalkLiviPodcast.Libsyn.com
We are also on soundcloud as well as many more podcasting sites, simply search TalkLivi on your preferred set up. 
Thanks and again congratulations. 

If it wasn’t for Bobby Linn he’d be player of the season.

If it wasn't for Vaughan being injured for 99% of his waking life*

*I kid.

Congratulations to you all. Happy thomo has managed another title, good c**t. Dicks no as big a dick as people think either.

Listening to the podcast, DJ seems a bit like Bobby Linn, seems to thrive on the fans’ appreciation. Though not in contract, seems more than happy to sign on for next season. 

Two other titbits - Dick C mentioned to him that Arbroath would have won the league LAST season if we’d had a decent goalkeeper!@#. And that Dick’s cultured advice on clearing/destitution is that it’s the keepers job to get the ball as far from the goal as possible.

Also signing DJ and Jason Thomson were key to bolstering up the whole defence. Last season we essentially made do with makeshift right backs which also meant limited the attacking potency on both flanks - we had that this season

11 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

What an achievement for Stevie Doris. All 3 Arbroath championship medals & he's been part of each & everyone of them.

I never realised this before - that being the case I believe myself and Stevie D are the only two people to have been at every Arbroath game in the 3 seasons we've won the league :D

As I've said before, there has been tens of thousands of Arbroath FC fans in our 141 year history who have come and gone, with the vast majority of them never getting to see a title win. For us, we have got to see 3 titles in 8 years, after 133 years without one. We are all extremely lucky, and as I think I'm the only Lichtie who has ever seen every game in a title winning season from a fan perspective, and in 3  weeks time that being the case for all 3 of them, I consider myself the luckiest Arbroath fan in history :) I'm not some sort of 'super fan', more of a sad b*****d really, who is lucky enough to live in the right era and have the time/ money/ flexibility work & family wise to have been privileged enough to see every game in 3 glorious seasons which have been so close together.

At the start of this season, the first one for over 20 years with all 4 Angus teams in the one division, I said it would be just perfect to win it in these circumstances. We've got the best record out of the Angus teams in the derbies, and we've not just won the league, we've absolutely fucking smashed it. Realistically this season couldn't go any better; I always take great pride in being a Lichtie but today and for the next few weeks, I'm prouder than ever. So many people have contributed to this success on and off the pitch, and they deserve this success.

Well done Lichties! I was at the 3-1 game v forfar ( bobby linn hat trick game) with my dutch father in law who is a massive Arbroath fan, had a brilliant day out.

Delighted for you, enjoy that champions feeling and best of luck for next season!

Fantastic achievement and evidence of what a part time team can achieve. Dick is probably my favourite manager in the SPFL. On a personal note, we were only a few points behind you in the title race with Forfar just over 2 years ago and the paths the two of us have taken since have differed enormously. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and the 2nd tier.

So, now that title’s in the bag, how should we approach the three final games? It’s a huge, and well deserved luxury to have three free games. So should we keep the same starting lineup or give a start to some of our classy bench to mix it up? It maybe a bit difficult to motivate the players or maybe retain the necessary focus.... but equally, we could maybe now play with greater freedom, and nothing to lose. I hope we can break the 70 points