The Arbroath Thread

42 minutes ago, mo83 said:
1 hour ago, keptie said:
I did feel embarrassed for you lot when I realised why you were cheering considering your team were getting beat, when I did realise I burst out laughing. Strange people you Gable Enders.

Seems to have rattled a few smokie's though

Love the old, “i have rattled you” or actually thinking people have been wound up today,  

Your team was shite,  actually embarrassing, one one the most comfortable wins we had all season, we didn’t win the league today but that 3 points from the wee team up the road pretty much secures the title, 

yet your delighted by Raith getting a point, while your own team blew a chance of getting in the playoffs, 

24 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Arbroath fans reacting to Montrose fans celebrating Raith's goal is definitely the least bothered I've ever seen a group of people.

It’s not like we were wielding chairs at our rivals like they do in fife when they are “not bothered.”

Love the old, “i have rattled you” or actually thinking people have been wound up today,  
Your team was shite,  actually embarrassing, one one the most comfortable wins we had all season, we didn’t win the league today but that 3 points from the wee team up the road pretty much secures the title, 
yet your delighted by Raith getting a point, while your own team blew a chance of getting in the playoffs, 

You seem to be replying to alot of comments about it kev.

1 hour ago, afc_36_0 said:

Delighted ricky little got the winner today. Despite some of linn’s outstanding performances little is my POTY

He has been a man mountain this season

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It's football and the Mo fans jumping about at Raiths equaliser was a laugh, who cares, was pretty funny

Almost as funny as Dick parading around his technical area embracing everyone around him as the news filtered through about the goal at Stenny. 

Almost as funny as Dick parading around his technical area embracing everyone around him as the news filtered through about the goal at Stenny. 

Yes that seems so funny!!!!! I mean imagine celebrating that goal at the end of a long hard season, madness!!! [emoji33]

Regardless of whether we won the league today or not Stenny scoring was a huge goal for us. It's hardly surprising he reacted that way

If the same happened the opposite way round I'm 100 percent sure that a few Arbroath fans would've done the same, however that's not comparable to what DC done (taking your word for it) after the Stenny goal

4 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Regardless of whether we won the league today or not Stenny scoring was a huge goal for us. It's hardly surprising he reacted that way

He was celebrating as if the league was won without realising that Raith has pissed in his champers.
However, I'm sure the case of Dom Pom will be cracked next week. 

He was celebrating as if the league was won without realising that Raith has pissed in his champers.
However, I'm sure the case of Dom Pom will be cracked next week. 

What time in the match was he doing this? Do you mean literally minutes before both games were due to finish? [emoji23]

5 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:

Cant stop thinking about how good it was that you lot did not win the league against us. Any of you who claim you would not celebrate another team preventing your rivals winning the league against us are fucking deluded

If you think for one minute under any circumstances that I or any other Arbroath supporter would celebrate a Montrose victory against us you clearly are fucking deluded and incredibly sad.

Can’t understand why some Lichties are exercised about Mo fans celebrating Raith’s late equaliser. I’m sure we would do the same - anything that puts a dampener on a rival. But also just to recall that many Arbroath fans were supporting Mo in their crucial playoff game when they almost went out of the league a few seasons back

We didn’t expect anything to be decided on Saturday. If anything, Raith and Forfar were expected to close the gap so their setbacks were welcome. But I was delighted with our drive second half - a real will to succeed. Since there was segregation it was tedious that the entire 45 minutes of action was up the other end.

If Dick Campbell was in celebratory mood before the final whistle yesterday, I think that’s amateur hour. Surely with his experience, he must be aware of the twists and turns. Where I was standing, apart from one mature gent occasionally singing championes most were hoping we could see out the game without an unjust late goal against (like last week)

More positive scenario this Sunday but we better not go taking things for granted. That includes Brechin next week. They need a result and the opportunity to piss on our potential parade must offer excellent motivation.