The Arbroath Thread

Mo fans celebrating a Raith draw at end is brilliant 
Shows the difference in where we are, 
Easy 3 points, Montrose were awful and cuda been 5, 
Kader Outstanding 
Naw bather kev stick to the glue

Montrose fans celebrating a last minute equaliser in a game which had no effect on them, while watching their team losing to their biggest rivals who are strolling towards a title win.

Genuinely one of the diddiest things I've ever seen from a set of supporters at a football match - very, very funny from an Arbroath perspective.

1 minute ago, SimonLichtie said:

Montrose fans celebrating a last minute equaliser in a game which had no effect on them, while watching their team losing to their biggest rivals who are strolling towards a title win.

Genuinely one of the diddiest things I've ever seen from a set of supporters at a football match - very, very funny from an Arbroath perspective.

Don’t Simon, you will be made out to be a glue sniffing Cnut, 

50 minutes ago, Etherglider said:

Enjoy your win and enjoy your championship. Arbroath have been the best team over the season, todays result confirms it. You on the other hand have been a Cnut for most of it. Your last post confirmed it. I’m not sure you have the intelligence to make a mark in the Championship forum. Best of luck. Champ.

To be fair he’s just highlighting what a pathetic set of diddies must support Montrose, including the guy who must’ve overheard me saying we will win the league next week, and he shouted as he walked past, “aye but no against us!” 

To be honest at the start of this season I thought the league would’ve been beyond us so I’ve never been bothered who we would win a league against, I can only presume the said Mo fan was too young to remember us handing their arse to them whilst sealing our first ever title. 

Of course we would celebrate another team preventing our rivals winning the league against us. Are you saying you wouldn't do the same if you were in our position? Seriously, we were awful today and you rightly deserved to win the game but saying its embarrassing for us to celebrate Raith's equaliser at the end is baffling.

10 minutes ago, Mexico said:

To be fair he’s just highlighting what a pathetic set of diddies must support Montrose, including the guy who must’ve overheard me saying we will win the league next week, and he shouted as he walked past, “aye but no against us!” 

To be honest at the start of this season I thought the league would’ve been beyond us so I’ve never been bothered who we would win a league against, I can only presume the said Mo fan was too young to remember us handing their arse to them whilst sealing our first ever title. 

giphy.gif.d9cb9d4909b3a0642ce445708197eee5.gif

Of course we would celebrate another team preventing our rivals winning the league against us. Are you saying you wouldn't do the same if you were in our position? Seriously, we were awful today and you rightly deserved to win the game but saying its embarrassing for us to celebrate Raith's equaliser at the end is baffling.

I thought it was funny tbf

Least you got something to cheer about, must've been a hard 90 minutes watching Ross Campbell play upfront for your team

Come on Simon think of the bigger picture you would do the same.

13 minutes ago, mo83 said:
39 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Come on Simon think of the bigger picture you would do the same.

Seriously? :lol: You think I'd be jumping up and down cheering in the last minute of a game where Arbroath were losing to Montrose about the result in a game that doesn't affect Arbroath?

There's a distinct difference here; I support Arbroath and I don't care what results affect Montrose around the country on any given week, especially when I'm watching my team lose to them at the time. Half of the Montrose support today seemed to get more excited by a team in another game scoring a goal that didn't affect them whatsoever but affected us. Properly jumping up and down, cheering etc. Actually caring that amount about ourselves instead of your own team in your best season in 30 odd years? I honestly think that is embarrassing beyond belief :lol: 

In terms of the bigger picture - I completely agree. Think about it - we're strolling towards a league title and today was a huge game for yourselves in your push to get a play off place. Instead of being disappointed about not picking up points, you've got fans cheering wildly because we won't win the league for another week. f**k me.

Edited by SimonLichtie

Seriously? [emoji38] You think I'd be jumping up and down cheering in the last minute of a game where Arbroath were losing to Montrose about the result in a game that doesn't affect Arbroath?
There's a distinct difference here; I support Arbroath and I don't care what results affect Montrose around the country on any given week, especially when I'm watching my team lose to them at the time. Half of the Montrose support today seemed to get more excited by a team in another game scoring a goal that didn't affect them whatsoever but affected us. Properly jumping up and down, cheering etc. Actually caring that amount about ourselves instead of your own team in your best season in 30 odd years? I honestly think that is embarrassing beyond belief [emoji38] 
In terms of the bigger picture - I completely agree. Think about it - we're strolling towards a league title and today was a huge game for yourselves in your push to get a play off place. Instead of being disappointed about not picking up points, you've got fans cheering wildly because we won't win the league for another week. f**k me.
You would think your away to lose the title the way you are speaking.

51 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

very, very funny from an Arbroath perspective.

12 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

Seriously? :lol: You think I'd be jumping up and down cheering in the last minute of a game where Arbroath were losing to Montrose about the result in a game that doesn't affect Arbroath?

There's a distinct difference here; I support Arbroath and I don't care what results affect Montrose around the country on any given week, especially when I'm watching my team lose to them at the time. Half of the Montrose support today seemed to get more excited by a team in another game scoring a goal that didn't affect them whatsoever but affected us. Properly jumping up and down, cheering etc. Actually caring that amount about ourselves instead of your own team in your best season in 30 odd years? I honestly think that is embarrassing beyond belief :lol: 

Aye, it's definitely really funny and you're no bothered at all, oaft. 

3 minutes ago, mo83 said:
11 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:
Think about it - we're strolling towards a league title

You would think your away to lose the title the way you are speaking.

I am confused, and highly amused, as to how you've managed to translate 'we are strolling towards a league title' as 'we are away to lose the title'. 

To be fair it was a 93rd minute equaliser for us at which point Montrose fans would have known there was nothing they were getting from their game. Next best thing is poking fun at your rivals.

1 hour ago, GableEnder21 said:

I did feel embarrassed for you lot when I realised why you were cheering considering your team were getting beat, when I did realise I burst out laughing. Strange people you Gable Enders.

I did feel embarrassed for you lot when I realised why you were cheering considering your team were getting beat, when I did realise I burst out laughing. Strange people you Gable Enders.
Seems to have rattled a few smokie's though