The Arbroath Thread

Every team who build a big lead seem to struggle to get over the line and we are no different. Opponents always put a wee bit more into their game when playing runaway leaders as well. Saturday is a big test and no matter who is picked in the famous maroon jerseys, we fans can make a difference by getting behind them. C'mon lichties.

In any sport after such a big lead there is always pressure to get over the line, regardless if it is football, darts, snooker, golf, tennis whatever the sport the nearer the finish line the more the pressure is.

At the start of the season if you were offered 5 games to go and you need to win 2 of them you would have taken that at the drop of a hat.

As has been said we can win it this week if we win and Raith/Emmerdale get beat, or we can win then know going up to Brechin we just need to win regardless of other results so it is a great position to be in.

I thought we played well on Saturday and created chances, without doubt the Doris/Wallace partnership has to start on Saturday, it worked well and created some havoc in the opposing defence but missed chances and some superb goalkeeping and some unlucky deflections stopped the deserved goals.

In fact anybody that says we never deserved at least a point last Saturday does not know the game.

I would start with the same XI this Saturday and see how it goes.

Lets get behind the team from the first minute.

C'MON THE RED LICHTIES 36-0. 

Need to just go for it. 4-2-3-1

Usual back 5.
Gold and Whatley in the middle.
Wallace, Swankie and McKenna just in behind Doris.

We lump the ball up alot anyways so why not have more players further forward.

Dumbarton have released their season ticket prices for next season and have included the option to pay in instalments and also free ST’s for u12s. Would like to see us offer both, the more season ticket holders we have the better.

Dumbarton have released their season ticket prices for next season and have included the option to pay in instalments and also free ST’s for u12s. Would like to see us offer both, the more season ticket holders we have the better.
Have wanted free entry for u12's at the ground for years.

1 excuse was the extra stewarding and police costs wouldnt make it viable.... was a very backwards looking response.

But i wonder what the prices would be for next year. Will we up our prices if we are in the Championship? Or show some loyalty to our existing season ticket holders?

37 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

1 excuse was the extra stewarding and police costs wouldnt make it viable.... was a very backwards looking response.

But i wonder what the prices would be for next year. Will we up our prices if we are in the Championship? Or show some loyalty to our existing season ticket holders?

Going on the mentality of football clubs, would imagine it may go up a squid for match day, possibly £10 for season ticket. With our board, who knows which way they'll go.

1 hour ago, RedLichtie86 said:

Should we be in the Championship next season I think prices will have to be raised to cover an increase in wages etc;  also compared to some teams in our league at present e.g. East Fife our prices are cheap.