The Arbroath Thread

Greig Spence really that bad??
He is severely lacking in confidence.

But there is a player in there. Just needs to get a goal and im sure it will help spur him on.

Dont think it helps we tend to pump the ball up the park and its easily cleared by the defence.

He is severely lacking in confidence.

But there is a player in there. Just needs to get a goal and im sure it will help spur him on.

Dont think it helps we tend to pump the ball up the park and its easily cleared by the defence.
Seems to getting slated quite a bit on here along with the lad from stranraer.Surprised he has not done better for you lot.

Seems to getting slated quite a bit on here along with the lad from stranraer.Surprised he has not done better for you lot.
The lad from Stranraer, Donkelly is next to fucking useless. Cant run. For 6'4" he cant head the ball and seems to be more like 4'4" as his body shrinks when he tries to head the ball.

And his touch is very erratic. Goes from a nice touch to blasting the ball away from him.

Have no idea why he was even signed as he is no better than a pub footballer.

Spence has been rightly slated for his misses. But he is better than that donkey.

The lad from Stranraer, Donkelly is next to fucking useless. Cant run. For 6'4" he cant head the ball and seems to be more like 4'4" as his body shrinks when he tries to head the ball.

And his touch is very erratic. Goes from a nice touch to blasting the ball away from him.

Have no idea why he was even signed as he is no better than a pub footballer.

Spence has been rightly slated for his misses. But he is better than that donkey.
Both would have been bought for next season as well...A league up!

9 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Blame Raith he was never the same after going there. 

Blame Spence, he's been shite at 3 clubs in the past two seasons. Overrated and over hyped based on a couple of good seasons at this level.  

I could understand Spence. Has a good record at this level. See what happens.

But Donkelly .... i have no idea why.

You guys want him?
He looked good against us earlier in the season but nah I think we will pass.

Agree with this totally Swankie was rank to- day and just like the last time at STation Park he was the cause of a goal. Spence when he came on was pathetic and we have to ensure that we somehow manage not to bring him or Donnelly as substitutes.Denholm another failure. Dick's efforts to strengthen the team at the transfer window have not been successful and he has to carry the can for that.Any failure to achieve our goal rests with him

Disagree that Swankie was rank. The pitch yesterday was bit bouncy and he was one of few showing how to control the ball. Yes he did make a couple of bad passes and was robbed/fouled for the buildup but still a class act. I think swapping the entire forward line was not the best ploy but Linn definitely and Doris had to be changed. We still created chances after that but didn’t finish them - which has been the usual story of late. Spence is certainly energetic but doesn’t have the physical presence that Doris and Wallace have, so the ball doesn’t stick up front.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Pretty much aye. Poor recruitment in January

Spence was in theory a good signing but it's just not working for him right now, he's been poor for a while. May be that Dick has tried to throw in these guys to keep the others on their toes and it's just backfired a bit. 

Still, two wins in 5 games at the absolute most is still a great position for you guys. 

Obviously you guys will go on to win the title, but what's went wrong? Campbell changing things when they didn't need to be changed? 
Not signing another winger as, other than Linn, we have no other threat on the wings.

Signing 2 strikers, Spence i can see why but has really struggled to even hit the target. And Donkelly, WTF. He has given them a lot of game time, even 3-4 games in a row when they have offered very little. Yet Doris starts 1 game and is then left on the bench for the next few games. He has not been afforded the same luxury as Spence or Donkey.

And dropping Wallace when they 2 have been so poor doesnt make sense. Might not be everyones cup of tea, but by f**k he offers more than them 2.

Also sticking to 4-4-2 regardless of form or players available has hurt us. McCord has been a passenger for most of the season. Such a great talent on the ball but sadly he just doesnt fit into our style of play.

Players need to really dig in deep for these next couple of games. As Montrose are pushing for the playoffs and Brechin are trying to avoid the drop.

Why was Wallace subbed first.? He was playing really well while Stevie D Was looking more like he needed to come off. Wallace ad McKenna was working well earlier this season .

A mystery to me. A tired Wallace is still twice the striker of any on the bench. He and Doris really brought our attack to life on Saturday. Kader for Linn would have been the only change I would have made. Maybe Spence for Doris in the last 10.

10 minutes ago, timlichtie said:

A mystery to me. A tired Wallace is still twice the striker of any on the bench. He and Doris really brought our attack to life on Saturday. Kader for Linn would have been the only change I would have made. Maybe Spence for Doris in the last 10.

Just watched Dicks interview. What game was he at?. I never saw the Ref , the players, the benches or anyone in the crowd mention time wasting tactics. The game flowed along .