The Arbroath Thread

Think we could really do with a better left back and have hammy for centre back/left back cover
Scores goals, keeps clean sheets and a good passer of the ball but we should just drop him for a player who doesn't even have a club. Hammy has had a good season and I don't think there are many better left backs at this level.

Scores goals, keeps clean sheets and a good passer of the ball but we should just drop him for a player who doesn't even have a club. Hammy has had a good season and I don't think there are many better left backs at this level.

He just has moments in games and games where he turns into another bloke. Just needs to get some consistency

He just has moments in games and games where he turns into another bloke. Just needs to get some consistency
He did this in his first spell with us, there is times he looks a player, then he will go a run, of looking like he is new to the position

1 hour ago, Hammerafc said:
2 hours ago, afc_36_0 said:

Think we could really do with a better left back and have hammy for centre back/left back cover

Hammy is a good player and is often left on his own to deal with wingers which he does on the whole very well and like you say has a goal in him. I like him he's not perfect but honestly think he does a good job and we would struggle to find someone better.

Would agree with this line up except I would replace Swankie with Mc Cord as the former was rank last night, 4 misplaced passes to give the opposition possession and 2 poorly taken free kicks .The team played far better when McCord came on.

It is about time the team and the manager gave their-selves a good shake as we are only 2 points better of than Forfar were 2 seasons ago and we all know what happened then.Dicks persistence in playing his new signings who are certainly no better than what we had is affecting the rythm of the team. Certainly agree with comments on another thread that had Wallce missed the chances Spence had last night he would have been vilified.

Rather than signing the players that he did recently I and many others would have preferred the signing of a good wide player to take the pressure off Linn and given the team more width.

Would like to ask where were the strikers last night when McKenna made several charges up the wing and there was no support for a cross into the box resulting in Mikey having to shoot from acute angles.

Certainly hope Dick  acknowledges changes require to be made for the game against Raith , otherwise if we play as we did the formation of last night I fear for the worst.

40 minutes ago, Housecaptain said:

Would agree with this line up except I would replace Swankie with Mc Cord as the former was rank last night, 4 misplaced passes to give the opposition possession and 2 poorly taken free kicks .The team played far better when McCord came on.

It is about time the team and the manager gave their-selves a good shake as we are only 2 points better of than Forfar were 2 seasons ago and we all know what happened then.Dicks persistence in playing his new signings who are certainly no better than what we had is affecting the rythm of the team. Certainly agree with comments on another thread that had Wallce missed the chances Spence had last night he would have been vilified.

Rather than signing the players that he did recently I and many others would have preferred the signing of a good wide player to take the pressure off Linn and given the team more width.

Would like to ask where were the strikers last night when McKenna made several charges up the wing and there was no support for a cross into the box resulting in Mikey having to shoot from acute angles.

Certainly hope Dick  acknowledges changes require to be made for the game against Raith , otherwise if we play as we did the formation of last night I fear for the worst.

Agree with all of the above and the starting 11 above although would be tempted to swap McCord for swanks due to last few performances.  Then bringing on stevie as an impact sub - which Donnelly had a poor attempt at last night. 

Also now fearing the worst.

Edited by Plesslitchie

This could well resonate with the Forfar fans!

Nah. Other than Bogs Dollox, and he was seriously tongue in cheek, we never said the league was won.
Worst proponent of that was 1320lichtie.

That said, you guys are probably the most consistent team in the league, as you were when you won L2.

Nah. Other than Bogs Dollox, and he was seriously tongue in cheek, we never said the league was won.
Worst proponent of that was 1320lichtie.

That said, you guys are probably the most consistent team in the league, as you were when you won L2.

Just doing what all the Raith fans are doing to us now. Best way to be, didn't get my hopes up or expect anything and it ended up turning out very well making it all the sweeter.

Being in this position at this stage of the season, despite the big gap at the moment isn't easy.[emoji12]