The Arbroath Thread

There is a weekend when we don’t play due to East Fife being in the cup. If Raith can cut the gap to 10 points ahead of the game on the 16th feb knowing a win would cut it further to 7 which would then open up a title race.

However, I can’t see us dropping many points so their chances are slim. I still think we can afford to lose about 6 or 7 games and still win the league. The only thing that would see us collapse would be some sort of injury crisis.

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

There is a weekend when we don’t play due to East Fife being in the cup. If Raith can cut the gap to 10 points ahead of the game on the 16th feb knowing a win would cut it further to 7 which would then open up a title race.

However, I can’t see us dropping many points so their chances are slim. I still think we can afford to lose about 6 or 7 games and still win the league. The only thing that would see us collapse would be some sort of injury crisis.

It wouldn’t open up a title race, we would still be 7 points ahead with a game in hand, and that assuming Raith won’t drop points. They’ve dropped plenty recently. 

10 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Raith have got to play us one more time, so remember to subtract 3 points off them for that.

Dick says " We take it one game at at time" Be like Dick. [emoji8]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Those of us with longer experience know that things can turnaround quickly. There are plenty of games left - so the arithmetic remains a factor, but its the psychology that’s fascinating and unpredictable. What is ‘form’ after all -something that can turn on its head in a few moments. Coasting or struggling, you never know what lies up around the next bend.

And of the reason for this and every good management’s good advice on ‘one game at a time’, is to try and keep the focus.

7/12ths of the season gone. I expect plenty of unexpected turns in the remaining 5/12ths and a good possibility of a very tight finish. I’d like to see one more defender in for cover.

Man Utd were 8 points ahead of City with 5 games to go and lost the league a few seaso.mns back so anything can happen. I don’t see this Arbroath team losing many games but to think anything is over and done in January would be a huge mistake.

And also puts additional unnecessary pressure on us, all it takes is a couple of games to go wrong

7 changes for the Celtic game and another fantastic display against them, McKenna was superb in his midfield role and Spence looked good and Denholm bgs a hat-trick but my M.O.M. was the majestic McCord who played a master-class in midfield who never wasted a ball, great problem to have but will be interesting the starting XI on Saturday.

8 hours ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

7 changes for the Celtic game and another fantastic display against them, McKenna was superb in his midfield role and Spence looked good and Denholm bgs a hat-trick but my M.O.M. was the majestic McCord who played a master-class in midfield who never wasted a ball, great problem to have but will be interesting the starting XI on Saturday.

Would be madness to change the lineup that comfortably won our last competitive game 4-1 v Stenny in my opinion. You simply can't have a situation where a player performs well in an easy win and is promptly dropped for the next game.

I really don't value performances in friendly matches, especially those against a team mostly made up of 16/ 17 year olds to be honest. Although obviously we have excellent depth in the squad in midfield and upfront, and I fully expect it to come in use over the next 15 games.

Been asked by ex-Red Lichtie midfielder of the late 90's/early2000's Andy Cargill to put out an APPEAL to Lichtie fans if they know where he can find a video of his goal from the halfway line against Queen of the South keeper Andy Goram at Palmerston Park when he lobbed him from the halfway line, i used to have it on video as you used to get highlights of the old 1st Division games on TV in the early 2000's so it was deffo on TV back then.

He said a lot of his mates do not believe he lobbed Goram from the halfway line so he is desperate to find it to prove it to them.

HELP ANDY CARGILL TO FIND THE VIDEO.