The Arbroath Thread

Donnelly hooked early on? A fine win it sounds, but pal who was there said Stenny were unlucky to go in behind - hit the bar before the break?

Cliche time, but to think 3 weeks ago it was a 13pt gap and its back to that now. Keep winning games like that!

If u call 72 out of 90 early

It is now a matter of when rather than if we win the league

Fair play to you guys, the League was pretty much won by you weeks ago.

Yeah, I know,mathematically still possible to be caught but, come on, no way are you gonna bottle it now.

Played some good consistent football.....all the best........ enjoy the Championship!!

Problem with playing forwards or central players on the wing is they constantly drift into the centre. We've been at our best this season when we've been able to stretch defences with real width in the team and two fullbacks who can bomb on. I don't think we should shoe horn players into the starting 11 for the sake of it.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Friendly against the Celtic kids on Saturday

Season tickets valid but a tenner to get in seems a bit steep

Totally agree that a tenner is far too steep for basically a warm up game against a bunch of kids cmon Arbroath this was a chance to give something back it cant be take take take all the time despite how much running a part time  club costs:thumbsdown

Edited by Philip0402

I'm not sure you can buy or pay good footballers with no money? If you want really good players to join in this transfer window to help boost our chances, then sadly they don't come free.

I'm pretty sure if funds that are raised help bring in 1 or 2 new players who help us push on for the rest of the season nobody will  complain come the end of the season.

Edited by Smokie_Bacon_crisps

1 hour ago, Smokie_Bacon_crisps said:

I'm not sure you can buy or pay good footballers with no money? If you want really good players to join in this transfer window to help boost our chances, then sadly they don't come free.

I'm pretty sure if funds that are raised help bring in 1 or 2 new players who help us push on for the rest of the season nobody will  complain come the end of the season.

If we had just a free week im sure we would have played a bounce game somewhere and the players would have still been paid but just once you have to give something back to the supporters i dont think its a lot to ask 

Edited by Philip0402

If we had just a free week im sure we would have played a bounce game somewhere and the players would have still been paid but just once you have to give something back to the supporters i dont think its a lot to ask 

Not really sure what your point is lol no one is forcing you to go to the game. I personally think they are giving back by having a friendly which is easy to get to, and open to the public on a day where we wouldn’t normally play.

im not in the least bit bothered about a tenner or even full price its the principle of my point which despite attempts by others to negate it was perfectly clear in my original quote i realise just as much as every others supporter that to continue progress funds have to be raised and this gets done on a relentess basis week in week out and well done to the all that put in the hard graft to achieve this but for once just put the brakes on and try to gain some new blood on the terraces .