The Arbroath Thread

I can only assume we're planning to playing McKenna or Donnelly in a midfield position going forward as opposed to up top, as we'd have Wallace, Doris, McKenna, Donnelly and Spence all fighting it out for 2 positions, and all 5 of them would consider themselves starters at this level.
Either we're planning on playing McKenna/ Donnelly in a wide position, or one of Wallace/ Doris are leaving this month/ going to get virtually no gametime from here on in. Wallace is our top scoring striker so it would be utterly bizarre to replace him up top completely, and Doris needs game time and obviously won't get it from playing a cameo 10 minutes off the bench every week or two. It's very difficult, but McKenna simply doesn't score enough goals to play upfront week in week out long term but I much prefer him there than shunted onto the wing....

It’s a mystery but lots of options. McKenna with his energy could be a box to box midfielder.

With the right manager and system Spencie can be brilliant in League 1. 26 goals for us a couple of years back and I'm sure he got about 20 in a struggling Cowden side. Hasn't worked out for him at Alloa this time, made a slow start and never got going, but well capable of finding his feet again quickly. Wish him all the best if this goes through. Look after him and get him ready for the fifth coming at Alloa at some point in the future. 

Looks like campbell has grown tired of the lack of goals from McKenna, Wallace and Doris. Spence is a very exciting signing and if he can get the kind of return he’s had in this league before then we will be unstoppable.

Mckenna you would think would drop back and fight for a place out wide leaving Doris/Donnelly fighting for the “target man” role and Wallace/spence To partner one of them.

Now need a defender of some sort in.

Looks like campbell has grown tired of the lack of goals from McKenna, Wallace and Doris. Spence is a very exciting signing and if he can get the kind of return he’s had in this league before then we will be unstoppable.
Mckenna you would think would drop back and fight for a place out wide leaving Doris/Donnelly fighting for the “target man” role and Wallace/spence To partner one of them.
Now need a defender of some sort in.

Donnelly is tall but by absolutely no accounts a target man.

I think the best way to describe him would be the old cliche "good touch for a big man". I think with the ball at his feet Luke is up there with the best in this division. In that respect, you only need to look at his goal up at Gayfield earlier in the season. His technique is second to none and you can tell he has been coached at a higher level (Celtic). However, he perhaps lacks the engine that other players around him possess. Similarly, for a big guy, he's not as dominant in the air as perhaps you would want. A fine player and someone who will carve out chances but he's not an out-and-out striker. More of a number ten, I think.

Stranraer fan on Donnelly.

O'Brien and Little extend contracts by 2 years and Swankie 1 year.
Great news!

Ricky little is a club legend. Week after week he puts in 100% and rarely has a below par performance and amazing commitment considering he lives in ayr. Brilliant news to get him and tob signed on.

Ricky little is a club legend. Week after week he puts in 100% and rarely has a below par performance and amazing commitment considering he lives in ayr. Brilliant news to get him and tob signed on.

Great week for him. News that he is expecting a bairn and a new deal from the champions elect!