The Arbroath Thread

As disappointing as yesterday was it just means we will have to start yet another historic winning run. I still think the league is safe. We need defensive cover tho and yesterday showed why. I’d also much rather have Kane Hester back at the club than keep Callum Smith

What a game to get back on track next week. 

There is no need to panic, the inevitable defeat has come, but it won’t be too damaging as long as we crack on starting next week. 

Id like to see us go back to the system and personnel that has produced our best football this season.

What a game to get back on track next week. 
There is no need to panic, the inevitable defeat has come, but it won’t be too damaging as long as we crack on starting next week. 
Id like to see us go back to the system and personnel that has produced our best football this season.

MCKenna must start up front. The question is who should partner him?

I'd go with Doris and keep Wallace in reserve. It's what do we do to replace Swankie?. Has to be Pongo for me with either Whately or Gold on the bench.
Jamieson
Thommo Little Tob Hammy
Kader Gold/Whately Pongo Linn
McKenna Doris/Wallace.

18 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Wallace, we have played our best football with him up there. Doris looks miles away from being sharp, some fans need to stop looking at Doris in a romantic sense.

12 minutes ago, Mexico said:

Wallace, we have played our best football with him up there. Doris looks miles away from being sharp, some fans need to stop looking at Doris in a romantic sense.

Think that’s harsh, theres no one more physical up front than Stevie, just needs his confidence back now.

43 minutes ago, Plesslitchie said:

Think that’s harsh, theres no one more physical up front than Stevie, just needs his confidence back now.

That’s part of the problem, when Doris plays we just end up limping the ball up to him and forget we are actually a class footballing team at this level, it’s like watching Scotland with Duncan Ferguson back in the day at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, Mexico said:

That’s part of the problem, when Doris plays we just end up limping the ball up to him and forget we are actually a class footballing team at this level, it’s like watching Scotland with Duncan Ferguson back in the day at the moment. 

Agreed. But then surely it’s tactics we need to look at then, he needs to game time to get back to his best, the impact he’s had off the bench even when he wasn’t fit has been class 

Agreed. But then surely it’s tactics we need to look at then, he needs to game time to get back to his best, the impact he’s had off the bench even when he wasn’t fit has been class 

Exactly, so bring him off the bench and give him 20-30 minutes to make an impact and get his fitness back. Give him time. He’ll be a real asset in the second half of the season.

Exactly, so bring him off the bench and give him 20-30 minutes to make an impact and get his fitness back. Give him time. He’ll be a real asset in the second half of the season.

20-30 minutes won’t get him match fit. He needs to play bounce/reserve games

its obvious mexico is not a doris fan so when we won the league under dc when that season doris at times was unplayable under sheering when we won the league playing football on the deck think he scored 18 goals that season. so to say when doris plays its a lump up the park is ridiculous

On 23/12/2018 at 14:17, Big lichtie said:

its obvious mexico is not a doris fan so when we won the league under dc when that season doris at times was unplayable under sheering when we won the league playing football on the deck think he scored 18 goals that season. so to say when doris plays its a lump up the park is ridiculous

I quite like Doris when he’s fit, he isn’t. I’m also not talking about 2 years ago and we are now in a division higher, football changes and we have played our best football this season without him. 

And when he has played, we have started to lump balls up to him and push more effective players wide such as McKenna and Wallace to accommodate him. 

Edited by Mexico

I quite like Doris when he’s fit, he isn’t. I’m also not talking about 2 years ago and we are now in a division higher, football changes and we have played our best football this season without him. 
And when he has played, we have started to lump balls up to him and push more effective players wide such as McKenna and Wallace to accommodate him. 

I like Doris a lot, when he got hurt last season, he was our best player, he was out for an age, he needs games, it's unfortunate we have such a small squad and he's been brought straight back into the squad, when ideally a couple of months out on loan playing games, scoring goals, would have benefited him and the team, although he is getting fitter, for the good of the team, we need to go back to Wallace and McKenna