The Arbroath Thread

1) Yes, this is exactly what should be happening

2) A part time team be forced to travel abroad for a hastily arranged midweek "Scottish" Cup tie, we would probably not have enough players to put a team out.

3) Your forgetting that it's all about the Bohemians and when they can play it and the window was away to Arbroath or away to Dumbarton, we're not home again till after we were supposed to play you and that game is an already nearly sold-out all-ticket match against Raith

ABSOLUTE farce of a competition!!!

1) Yes, this is exactly what should be happening
2) A part time team be forced to travel abroad for a hastily arranged midweek "Scottish" Cup tie, we would probably not have enough players to put a team out.
3) Your forgetting that it's all about the Bohemians and when they can play it and the window was away to Arbroath or away to Dumbarton, we're not home again till after we were supposed to play you and that game is an already nearly sold-out all-ticket match against Raith

ABSOLUTE farce of a competition!!!

I hadn’t looked at your fixtures, so fair enough. Bohemians should be chucked out if they’re not willing to play the fixture during a window which the SPFL specifies.

I hadn’t looked at your fixtures, so fair enough. Bohemians should be chucked out if they’re not willing to play the fixture during a window which the SPFL specifies.

That would be the "Common Sense" approach taken by most, but remember it's the SPFL we're talking about and nothing can get in the way of Cockwomble's Diddy Cup being a success!!!

Eta

Even though it's been universally despised and a complete disaster for a couple of years now!!!

Etfa

I'm also going to hazard a guess and say that I'll bet your Club hasn't even been consulted or told about this yet and you guys on here are probably the first to know!!!

It is absolute basics for a professional football competition to be organised and played on agreed dates that all participants can play on.

There appears to be only two potential ways this has happened:

1 - The SPFL didn't know the Irish season finished when it does and that this could be an issue. This would obviously be severe negligence on their part, completely unacceptable and the person/ people responsible should have to spend 3 rounds in the ring with Lights Oot Linn to teach them a lesson.

2 - The SPFL knew this could be an issue, knew it could result in rearranged games, knew that it could disrupt a part time team in many ways and cost them thousands of pounds, and they didn't give a f**k.

I hope it's the first one, and hope Neil Doncaster is responsible as we could easily recoup the loss of earnings from rearranged game with the crowd we'd get at Gayfield to watch wee Boab japping at Cockwomble's ugly puss but I strongly suspect it's the latter.

In terms of us moving the game - I really don't see why we should agree to do so unless some issues are addressed here. Primarily, why should we move our game due to the SPFL's f**k up/ disregard for one of it's own member clubs and lose thousands of pounds? If the game is moved, I'd like to know understand what circumstances; surely not us just bending over and accepting it? How can we essentially be punished for this?!

It is absolute basics for a professional football competition to be organised and played on agreed dates that all participants can play on.
There appears to be only two potential ways this has happened:
1 - The SPFL didn't know the Irish season finished when it does and that this could be an issue. This would obviously be severe negligence on their part, completely unacceptable and the person/ people responsible should have to spend 3 rounds in the ring with Lights Oot Linn to teach them a lesson.
2 - The SPFL knew this could be an issue, knew it could result in rearranged games, knew that it could disrupt a part time team in many ways and cost them thousands of pounds, and they didn't give a f**k.
I hope it's the first one, and hope Neil Doncaster is responsible as we could easily recoup the loss of earnings from rearranged game with the crowd we'd get at Gayfield to watch wee Boab japping at Cockwomble's ugly puss but I strongly suspect it's the latter.
In terms of us moving the game - I really don't see why we should agree to do so unless some issues are addressed here. Primarily, why should we move our game due to the SPFL's f**k up/ disregard for one of it's own member clubs and lose thousands of pounds? If the game is moved, I'd like to know understand what circumstances; surely not us just bending over and accepting it? How can we essentially be punished for this?!

If you're following the Challenge Cup Thread in the Cups Forum, you will find, unsurprisingly, that it is in fact "Option 2"!!!
There's a Bohemians lad there who is telling us that the SPFL were informed that there could be an issue with dates beyond October by Bohemians themselves, their season ends, players out of contract etc and the response they received was of the "we'll cross that bridge if we come to it" variety!!!

4 minutes ago, RedLichtie86 said:

What will happen to the people who have booked hospitality for the game only for the game to be changed to a later date?

Will the SPFL be compensating the club for loss of income due their f**k up?

You'll also find the answer to this on the Cup Thread!!!

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/256165-201819-challenge-cup/&do=findComment&comment=12485244

So they’ve announced the Challenge cup dates....but not for the Bohemians vs East Fife game. Hope our board stay strong and take no shit IMG_1306.thumb.jpg.3f96b7092300cef37be73fb431e2bf92.jpg

I hope they do!!!

Good news for you boys!!!

Irn Bru Cup Quarter Final Update

As fans will be aware we have been in discussions with the SPFL regarding the date for our Irn Bru Cup quarter final tie with Bohemians.

What has been agreed to date is that this match will NOT take place on Saturday 3rd November 2018.

We will advise supporters at the earliest opportunity once negotiations have been concluded. We appreciate everyone’s patient in this matter

Good news for you boys!!!

That is of course if you reckon getting gubbed at home by us is good news rather than sitting at home twiddling yer thumbs!!![emoji6]