The Arbroath Thread

That was a very enjoyable game especially the 2nd half, i attended with my dutch father in law who has been following Arbroath for years since he was based at RM Condor in the late 70s, i've always had a soft spot for Arbroath, my first killie away game was at Gayfield when we were in the old 2nd division.
You played some nice stuff today and i hope you keep it up, Bobby Linn isn't bad eh?
All in all a really good match day experience, i even bought an away kit to wear at the 6 a sides when i return to Amsterdam.
Good luck for the rest of the season guys!

That was a very enjoyable game especially the 2nd half, i attended with my dutch father in law who has been following Arbroath for years since he was based at RM Condor in the late 70s, i've always had a soft spot for Arbroath, my first killie away game was at Gayfield when we were in the old 2nd division.
You played some nice stuff today and i hope you keep it up, Bobby Linn isn't bad eh?
All in all a really good match day experience, i even bought an away kit to wear at the 6 a sides when i return to Amsterdam.
Good luck for the rest of the season guys!

Glad you enjoyed.

As Bobby himself said we didn’t play great today, he had a cracking game but as a team we just got job done. [emoji1360]

Just thinking at how good our overall record is this season

Dundee Utd 1-1 Arbroath
Arbroath 2-0 Elgin
Alloa 4-2 Arbroath
Arbroath 4-1 Ross County

Elgin 1-1 Arbroath
Arbroath 3-0 Annan

Montrose 0-4 Arbroath
Arbroath 3-1 Stranraer
Dumbarton 1-1 Arbroath
East Fife 0-3 Arbroath
Arbroath 2-2 Brechin
Arbroath 3-1 Forfar

Played: 12
Won: 7
Drew: 4
Lost: 1

Scored: 29
Conceded: 12
GD: +17

Sort of fancy us to win the next 2 as well. Some start to the season, the 2 draws feel like defeats too really should’ve won both.

Absolutely delighted with the start to our season (League and Cup) but I worry about our lack of defensive depth. An injury to any of are regular 4 causes is a big problem.
I would agree. We have gold, whatley who can play full back and hammy, Thomson can cover cb but it's a bit of a stop gap measure. Any medium to long term injury would be a issue.

Absolutely delighted with the start to our season (League and Cup) but I worry about our lack of defensive depth. An injury to any of are regular 4 causes is a big problem.

I would agree to a certain extent. Yes we don’t have natural cover at the back but we have the option of playing gold right or left back and also reverting to a back 3 which I personally thing would nullify linn’s attacking presence.

Well no I didn't tbh,should I have known?? I was probably at the games though tbf but the chances of me remembering them from 40 + years ago are zero.
I was just a little surprised that's all

Poor yesterday but fantastic effort to grind out 3 points. McKenna poor but that can probably be forgiven due to his impressive start to the campaign. Thought Gav was our best performer in both midfield and up top. Can’t see Kane getting much game time so surely the best thing to do would be put him on loan somewhere. Maybe a League 2 side.