The Arbroath Thread

Problem is unless you play a 3 in midfield you have to pick between Swankie and Pongo imo. It's not a bad problem to have though as both are quality players. 
Eta If you look at the 6 replacements yesterday most of them could argue for a starting place. Also Doris on the bench.
Could do this if Thomson is unavailable and play 3 at the back

i thought pongo was back to his best yesterday his ball for mckennas goal yesterday was class. and now we have doris getting back to full fitness not match fit tho as of yet when he is who makes way. as dc said in his intervievw

He hit a 40 yard pass to linn with his left foot which was inch perfect too.

Think little deserves a shout too. Doesnt always get mentioned but he was absolutely class yesterday and his effort & commitment to the club in general is outstanding [emoji122]

Get Kader out and McKenna on right coming in at back post winning Bobby Linn crosses and knocking it down for Pongo and Waldo and could play both McCord and Swanks.

McKenna could do Kaders shift and offer more going forward in my opinion.

Linn
Whatley
Swanks
McKenna

McCord
Wallace

Doesn’t really matter if McKenna drifted inside when we had ball anyway as Thomson is up and doon.

Get Kader out and McKenna on right coming in at back post winning Bobby Linn crosses and knocking it down for Pongo and Waldo and could play both McCord and Swanks.

McKenna could do Kaders shift and offer more going forward in my opinion.

Linn
Whatley
Swanks
McKenna

McCord
Wallace

Doesn’t really matter if McKenna drifted inside when we had ball anyway as Thomson is up and doon.
Like this 11, but Swanks in behind Wallace, Mccord weaving his magic centre mid

43 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

This cup is getting interesting. Another chance to shuffle the pack and give everyone minutes on the pitch.

I'm happy with the draw, and would definitely like to see us give 3/4 fringe players some game time again however I do feel the further we go in the competition, the more serious we should take it. At this stage I'd make a few less changes than against Elgin/ Annan, and if we got to quarters/ further I'd like to see us move towards players our strongest team as the chance for us to get to a semi-final/ final doesn't come around very often.

I'm happy with the draw, and would definitely like to see us give 3/4 fringe players some game time again however I do feel the further we go in the competition, the more serious we should take it. At this stage I'd make a few less changes than against Elgin/ Annan, and if we got to quarters/ further I'd like to see us move towards players our strongest team as the chance for us to get to a semi-final/ final doesn't come around very often.
I would be quite happy to keep the bench players playing as they don't have any other means of serious game time and should still be enough to win the game.

Best back 5, then give Pongo, Graham, Smith a game and DD if he’s not a regular by then.

Arbroath vs Edinburgh City - Live on BBC ALBA

We are delighted to announce that our 3rd round Irn-Bru Cup match against Edinburgh City has been selected to be shown live on BBC ALBA on Friday 12th October 2018 with a 7.35pm kick off.

This is a real boost for the club and a chance for all Lichties who can’t make it to Gayfield to watch the Lichties live on TV!

C’mon the Lichties!

Gayfield.jpg

Arbroath vs Edinburgh City - Live on BBC ALBA
We are delighted to announce that our 3rd round Irn-Bru Cup match against Edinburgh City has been selected to be shown live on BBC ALBA on Friday 12th October 2018 with a 7.35pm kick off.
This is a real boost for the club and a chance for all Lichties who can’t make it to Gayfield to watch the Lichties live on TV!
C’mon the Lichties!
Gayfield.thumb.jpg.a09ee549ea08d3ee509ae4fc838a5cce.jpg

Fantastic stuff. I’m working the Saturday so was looking likely to miss the game of it was on the Saturday.