The Arbroath Thread

Perhaps it's about time to let new signings play some games for us before we put the boot in. Can't always go by how they've done at previous clubs. As mentioned earlier, same thing was going off about McKenna when he signed. He's put performances in & proved some doubters wrong.

Perhaps it's about time to let new signings play some games for us before we put the boot in. Can't always go by how they've done at previous clubs. As mentioned earlier, same thing was going off about McKenna when he signed. He's put performances in & proved some doubters wrong.

Thing is.

Off of all the evidence available from him at previous clubs, everything points out to it being a fantastic signing which is what I don’t get. Could understand the McKenna concerns considering he was at a club near the bottom of L2 but Toshneys had a very good career at a really good level.

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Maybe need to chill out a bit, yes United were pretty poor but they’ve still got several very good players that would walk into our team and other championship teams too for that matter... think the main problem with them is the Romanian chap on the sidelines.

Again, on the evidence of Saturday, that sounds about right. They certainly didn't play like a highly motivated team.

As I already said, I really hope Toshney is a success.

Dick in the courier saying he's hoping to play toshney in defensive midfield and leave the defence as it is. Happy with that on paper.

Been mostly upbeat about the managers signings, and his ability to get the the right players to fit the system we play, but Toshney playing as a defensive midfielder, do not think he is mobile enough for that role

Been mostly upbeat about the managers signings, and his ability to get the the right players to fit the system we play, but Toshney playing as a defensive midfielder, do not think he is mobile enough for that role

Or what the f**k do I know

You’re judging him off one game 2 year ago

If he’s mobile enough to play that role in the Championship and Prem he’s mobile enough to do it in League 1

Don’t think we will ever beat Alloa away again