The Arbroath Thread

Is Graham signed? If not then this signing of Toshney may scupper that . 
Could this allow more cash to be available for a proven striker (Sutherland)?

Heard Elgin wanted too much. Really don’t think it’ll be happening. Maybe next season though who knows.

Expect this to be the case also.
We've now got 5 excellent centre backs for this level, with ToB and Toshney both able to play defensive mid, which is where you'd expect Toshney to fit in.
If we have signed/ are going to sign Finn Graham, I expect that'll be it with two further loan signings coming on board in August.
Delighted to get Toshney in on paper - will only know how good a signing he is in a month or two when we see how he fits into the defensive mid role (if he plays there) or once we know how ToB does if he is the one who steps forward. I strongly expect it'll be Toshney in there.

Seen Toshney play against us season before last and he was, oh aye, fucking dreadful, am 52 and am quicker than him,if he replaces ToB, Hammy, Ricky or Thomson in the side, whoever is replaced should ask to leave, as for ToB in the midfield not the place the best CH in the league should be playing

Seen Toshney play against us season before last and he was, oh aye, fucking dreadful, am 52 and am quicker than him,if he replaces ToB, Hammy, Ricky or Thomson in the side, whoever is replaced should ask to leave, as for ToB in the midfield not the place the best CH in the league should be playing

Championship team of the year season 15/16. United paid about £85k for him. He made 10 appearances last year because of injury but the two seasons prior he was a regular player in teams going for promotion to the Premiership.

Not saying that this necessarily makes him a great player, but he’s been at a higher level than every single player in our squad for a reason, minus maybe Thomson and Jamieson, think only Thomson has ever been a regular mainstay in a Premier League team in his career.

Maybe... he just had a poor game?

He’s only just turned 26 years old too.

2 hours ago, ecto said:

Is this a serious post?

Championship team of the year season 15/16. United paid about £85k for him. He made 10 appearances last year because of injury but the two seasons prior he was a regular player in teams going for promotion to the Premiership.

Not saying that this necessarily makes him a great player, but he’s been at a higher level than every single player in our squad for a reason, minus maybe Thomson and Jamieson, think only Thomson has ever been a regular mainstay in a Premier League team in his career.

Maybe... he just had a poor game?

He’s only just turned 26 years old too.

If this is a fitness thing, then this means United want him to play, so who drops out or is this just a player who the manager does not rate and sees no future for him at Tannadice, I also make no apologies for not getting excited by this signing, if I am wrong (which I doubt) and he proves to be an decent addition to the squad then I will say so

13 hours ago, ecto said:

I really hope he's a good signing and does well for the Lichties. On the evidence of Saturday's game I question how a player who couldn't get into that United team can make an impact for us. 

I really hope he's a good signing and does well for the Lichties. On the evidence of Saturday's game I question how a player who couldn't get into that United team can make an impact for us. 

Well Toshney was injured for the majority of 17/18. So with his recent injury their manager probably wants him to go out and play for us at the weekends and train with them during the week to get him back to full fitness.

Otherwise we probably wont play much if he stayed at United.

Maybe need to chill out a bit, yes United were pretty poor but they’ve still got several very good players that would walk into our team and other championship teams too for that matter... think the main problem with them is the Romanian chap on the sidelines.