The Arbroath Thread

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I was hoping for a bite from Overthehedge to be honest

And I’m sure I read on your thread that he’d turned down an offer from you because he was looking for better options.

So the sarcastic ‘take him, please’ wasn’t really warranted as he’d already turned you down. emoji6.png

He’s looking for a better contract (money) which I don’t think he warrents 

31 minutes ago, Overthehedge1 said:

He’s looking for a better contract (money) which I don’t think he warrents 

It may that he was on low money and wants an improved contract or 2 years instead of a year, he must be rated of ourselves, Alloa and East Fife are all interested, I’ve heard Brechin are looking for compensation which is the stumbling block.

It may that he was on low money and wants an improved contract or 2 years instead of a year, he must be rated of ourselves, Alloa and East Fife are all interested, I’ve heard Brechin are looking for compensation which is the stumbling block.

Never even thought of that-He’s only 22 so Brechin will be entitled to compensation assuming they offered him a contract which was equal to his last one. Can’t imagine it would be much, only been there for 2 seasons. Recall we got compensation when Hamilton left for Brechin a few seasons back?

A slick win for the Lichties today. Plenty to admire in the game though Huntly offered little. I thought Graham was very promising and also liked the trialiist at RB. Leishman, I think? Pongo has slimmed down and played well. A good day in the sunshine!

A good run out in the sun, that is all yesterday's game was, Leishman was ok, the No.5 had a decent game, no point in looking at Fraser, better off keeping Kane, Huntly ( in fact until the end I thought we were playing Turriff) were pretty much as expected big CF trying to run through everything, a centre mid who kicked anything that moved and that keeper, who cannot be their 1st choice, surely

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

Judging from the highlights Finn Graham looked good seemed to be bossing the midfield and good range of passing. Didn’t look 22 - more like 32.

With Yule and Martin gone, he's just what we need. Sign him!

Thought Graham played okay but Huntly were horrendous, hopefully see him again tomorrow. If we did sign him compensation doesn’t have to be agreed straight away either, so if we’re willing to pay a bit that won’t actually delay it. Centre of the park is our priority just now.

Finn is a decent enough player and I’d have been happy for him to sign on at Brechin however he seems to have ideas above his station.

I thought he looking to get a full time gig somewhere (I.e. Raith) or another shot at the Championship with Alloa or someone. If he ends up at Arbroath or East Fife I just find that a bizarre move.

For me he’s a league 1 player and still has a lot to learn.

Why would it be a bizzare move, he may think that arbroath or east fife have better training, offer more money and sees more chance of having a successful season. 

If a lot more money is on the table then fair enough. I’d like to think we’ve put a good offer on the table, it’ll be at least equal to the contract he was on in the Championship last season.

If a lot more money is on the table then fair enough. I’d like to think we’ve put a good offer on the table, it’ll be at least equal to the contract he was on in the Championship last season.

Aye and look at what last years contracts got you, a L1 side in the Championship, nuff said

14 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

Finn would be a good signing for Arbroath,  busy little attack minded player Dick s kind of person.I genuinely think city are struggling for cash .

Finn would be a good signing for Arbroath,  busy little attack minded player Dick s kind of person.I genuinely think city are struggling for cash .
Surely not. You earned £160K in prize money for finishing bottom.

Did you bring in that many high payed players to waste all that?

Surely not. You earned £160K in prize money for finishing bottom.

Did you bring in that many high payed players to waste all that?

We were in considerable debt prior to winning promotion. Any extra money earned last season will have gone towards clearing that. Don’t know the figures but I’d assume we are comfortably in the black again but won’t be getting ourselves back into that mess.

If we hadn’t gone up that season we’d have been fighting for survival in this league.

We were in considerable debt prior to winning promotion. Any extra money earned last season will have gone towards clearing that. Don’t know the figures but I’d assume we are comfortably in the black again but won’t be getting ourselves back into that mess.

If we hadn’t gone up that season we’d have been fighting for survival in this league.
I never realised you guys were in such financial hardship. Glad the surprise promotion helped to get yourself back in the black.

Dont like the thought of seeing any of the Angus teams struggle financially.

City for years have said to players " here's your offer, take it or leave it" doesn't mean they're struggling for cash. Finn has been to about six clubs this summer. No one seems to be taking him on. Player of the year award seems to have gone to his head.