The Arbroath Thread

Watching you cycle through rage to despair to elation regarding rumoured signings for the Rovers - sorry "Wraith"* - is just tragic. I mean I support the Rovers and I rarely get that animated (albeit I justifiably lost my shit over Locke getting the job) by our transfer dealings, let alone any other club.
*Never understood that nickname, hardly an insult is it.

^^^ pure ragin'!!!

Anyway, I’d be a little surprised if we signed McIntosh. He was training with us last pre season and we never offered him a deal. Don’t really see what he did at Arbroath last season that would cause a U-turn.

Anyway, I’d be a little surprised if we signed McIntosh. He was training with us last pre season and we never offered him a deal. Don’t really see what he did at Arbroath last season that would cause a U-turn.

Had signed for an Icelandic team I think. Think he trained with us too before he went over.

23 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Scored 10 goals in 11 starts

Agree. Take your fife patter somewhere else

Aye nae bother, objective achieved, thanks for your indulgence!!![emoji1][emoji1]

33 minutes ago, Buzz Lichtyear said:

That’s slightly misleading. 5 in 11 starts, another 5 in 14 sub appearances.

Agree it's slightly misleading, but I expect McIntosh's goal to minutes played ratio is superb - probably around 1 every 90 minutes or so. Of course that doesn't take into account coming on against tired defences/ the opposition we were playing and other aspects but it's still fairly impressive.

He obviously knows where the goal is, but in terms of overall play he doesn't add anything like what other players we, and most other teams in the division, have. However I reckon if you played him every week for a league season he'd get you 20 odd games over the piece, his record backing this up, which is higher than any of our other strikers got this year.

I'm fairly non plussed on him going or staying, he's an average player overall at this level but he will get you goals. I think if Ryan Wallace can cut the diving and constant fancy flicks/ back heels etc (which I think he did in the last 3/4 games of the season, maybe Dick/ Pink had a word with him about it) and keep things a bit simpler he could be the guy to push on and get 20 for us next year. The jury is understandably out on him so far, but the potential is there for all to see, as is his scoring record at clubs at this level and the level above.

Mcintosh was a good goal scorer. Simon is correct, a goal every 124 minutes which is very impressive, never took penalties either. All his goals were the shitey ones too aside from Berwick really, proper striker goals.

I liked him and he’s a good player but I’m not overly gutted to see him go and if he’s the kind of guy the favourites for the division are going for along with guys like Wilkie and Lamont I’m not really sure Raith will be running away with it like I thought they would.

Hope he does well at Raith.

In the paper today we are linked with Thomson from Raith, think that would be superb, I’d take Martin out the side and go back to a 4-4-2. We lost some really poor goals in the playoffs from set plays and crosses into the box. Having him go in on Ricky’s side could make a massive difference.

A back 4 of Thomson/Little/ToB and Hammy sounds pretty solid.

Wait and see

Is Thomson the boy with reddish hair and quite solid looking, he seemed to do well against us, sure he scored as well, would love to see us go for players like this, think we got bullied in some games last season so a bit more physical presence in team would help, 

Im also not overly fussed with McInotosh moving on, If we get a fit Doris to replace him im delighted, and add Spence in mixto replace Hester and we are looking good for options up front

Is Thomson the boy with reddish hair and quite solid looking, he seemed to do well against us, sure he scored as well, would love to see us go for players like this, think we got bullied in some games last season so a bit more physical presence in team would help, 
Im also not overly fussed with McInotosh moving on, If we get a fit Doris to replace him im delighted, and add Spence in mixto replace Hester and we are looking good for options up front

Yeah he scored in two games I think. Had 7 goals last season. Big unit of a right back. Was in the league team of the year beside oooor Tam.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

If Doris doesn’t re-sign we should go all out to get Mark McGuigan who scored a bucket load for Stenny last season

Signed on again for the Mighty Wa Waz.