The Arbroath Thread

I haven't got a clue. The accounts will be interesting reading this year.

My only concern is were struggling to get midfielders we already have in the team. Adding another one is not going to help that.

Hopefully Mckenna is good enough for the championship next season.

I don’t know either tbh. But DC is a successful businessman, feeling it’ll be investments into the team from outside sources, don’t imagine the club will be footing the bill for transfer fees. That’s 3 now, Swankie/Wallace and McKenna.

I don’t know either tbh. But DC is a successful businessman, feeling it’ll be investments into the team from outside sources, don’t imagine the club will be footing the bill for transfer fees. That’s 3 now, Swankie/Wallace and McKenna.

IMG_3832.jpg
$o mon£¥

McKenna signing is really quite meh but the same was thought about Bryan Hodge who went on to play a big part in us winning the league. Can’t imagine the fee would’ve been more than a couple of grand so hopefully he can contribute.

Hodge [emoji173]

If mccord doesn’t start pulling his weight(pun intended) he could be at risk of the chop. No doubting his quality but even at this level his size is ridiculous. We have a fair bit of quality in the midfield now and i’d imagine he’s a high earner who isnt getting much game time

If mccord doesn’t start pulling his weight(pun intended) he could be at risk of the chop. No doubting his quality but even at this level his size is ridiculous. We have a fair bit of quality in the midfield now and i’d imagine he’s a high earner who isnt getting much game time

Didn’t think it was that bad last season and had hoped that he’d look to push on this season with being in a tougher league with full time clubs but it looks like he’s gone the opposite way.

Great goal return considering he’s a midfielder and the minutes he’s played this year but I don’t think he’s been great this year.

A wee bit of extra effort from him and he could be one of the best players in this league.

Rather see Hester and Skelly leave, letting McCord go would be a mistake, especially to any team in this league, yeh he is out of shape but his ability and amount of goals he has scored warrants him more time to get back in shape and certainly another chance in the team 

I would hate to see McCord being moved on, per minutes played/goals he is our most lethal player, no doubt about it he should be fitter but his general play at times is a joy to watch and he is a crowd-pleaser who does deliver, some of the things he does in a game is worth the admission money alone.

Players like him and going further back Charlie Adam/Lex Richardson/Andy Penman imo are great for Red Lichtie fans to watch on the pitch in the AFC maroon so i for one would hate to see him leave.

Hearing Dick is unhappy with the time it's taking the ball boys at Gayfield to get it back in play and we're looking to bring back a certain winger/ ball boy we released a few years ago.....

Personally I think it's exactly what we need, the injection of Lari warming up on the touchline and getting the ball returned quickly will potentially result in an increase of short corners (which as we all know are statistically proven to be get more goals ;) ) and hopefully result in quicker throw in's/ less Ricky Little long throws (which as all know are statistically proven to be shite ;) ).

5 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

Rather see Hester and Skelly leave, letting McCord go would be a mistake, especially to any team in this league, yeh he is out of shape but his ability and amount of goals he has scored warrants him more time to get back in shape and certainly another chance in the team 

The problem is Kane and Skelly's wages will probably barely add up to half that of Pongo. As I mentioned before, I think we may have slightly too many first team regulars and not enough squad filler. Unless wages are absolutely through the roof (which they could be.... ) then it's obviously far better to have too many expectant starters than a load of cheap, pish squad filler.

Seriously hope that we're not thinking of getting rid of McCord haven't seen him recently but has he got ridiculously fat? just give him a bigger shirt:).  If he gets into decent shape( which he should be doing anyway tbh) one of the best players in the league and we'd miss his guile and magic so hope he gets his fitness sorted out and stays at Arbroath.  

Edited by keptie

If we are seriously thinking about trying to go to the championship then McCord just want to do in his current state. I remember Ian Campbell saying that they had him on his own fitness program which obviously hasn't worked, that coupled with him being out the team and not getting games hasn't helped him at all.

I really hope we don't lose him, it may be an idea that he is loaned out for 4 or 5 games then we get him back for the run in. His performance against Raith (full time team who we would be playing against most weeks if we were to get up) was very very poor and on Saturday against Airdrie I thought he was non existent. 

If we are seriously thinking about trying to go to the championship then McCord just want to do in his current state. I remember Ian Campbell saying that they had him on his own fitness program which obviously hasn't worked, that coupled with him being out the team and not getting games hasn't helped him at all.
I really hope we don't lose him, it may be an idea that he is loaned out for 4 or 5 games then we get him back for the run in. His performance against Raith (full time team who we would be playing against most weeks if we were to get up) was very very poor and on Saturday against Airdrie I thought he was non existent. 

Why do you think he’ll leave? Just a hunch or have you heard something?

a classic example is stevie d who started last season carrying a bit of extra timber. got his head down worked hard at training the result of the hard work was he was at times unplayable from november onwards. so c’mone pongo get the head down work hard and bring your undoubted fitba talent on to the park