The Arbroath Thread

Another good game against a Premier league side. Doris definitely mom with Hutton close behind. Thought Henry looked OK at full back but McCord a yard off the pace but will probably get more time on the ball in the league. Agree with earlier post re Skelly, he hasn't impressed so far in these pre-league games.

Good size crowd , hope we get the same numbers or more for league games.

Betfred cup stats.

3rd P4 W1 D2 L1 F6 A7 Pts 6

(Name, App, Gls, Assists, Mins, Pen Shoot out)

GK

Ricky Gomes 1, 0, 0, 90, 2 saves

David Hutton 3, 0, 0, 270, 0

Def

David Gold 4, 1, 1, 338, 1/2 50%

Ricky Little 4, 0, 0, 360, 1/2 50%

Thomas O'Brien 4, 0, 0, 315, 0

Colin Hamilton 2, 0, 0, 170, 0

Mid

Omar Kader 3(1), 0, 0, 292, 0

Ryan McCord 3, 0, 2, 254, 1/1 100&

Mark Whatley 2(1), 0, 0, 176, 1/1 100%

Gavin Malin 1(1), 0, 0, 100, 0/1 0%

Blair Yule 4, 1, 0, 360, 2/2 100%

Danny Denholm 3(1), 2, 0, 299, 0

Bobby Linn 2(1), 0, 1, 146, 1/1 100%

Jamie Henry 2, 0, 0, 162, 1/1 100%

Att

Steven Doris 3(1), 2, 0, 299, 1/2 50%

Gavin Swankie 1(1), 0, 0, 102, 0

Bryan Prunty 1, 0, 0, 61, 0

Josh Skelly 1(2), 0, 0, 128, 0

Kane Hester (2), 0, 2, 38, 1/1 100%

It's been surprising how well we've done, playing with few dedicated defenders. Yesterday only Ricky and ToB were in position. Even the midfield had no really defensive minded players. It makes for a watchable style. Gav seemed to be enjoying it second half. I hope it works out.

It's been surprising how well we've done, playing with few dedicated defenders. Yesterday only Ricky and ToB were in position. Even the midfield had no really defensive minded players. It makes for a watchable style. Gav seemed to be enjoying it second half. I hope it works out.

Swankie was great in the middle I thought. Never got a lot of time but very clever, him and McCord together was great to watch at times. Yule was great at centre half too by the way. Tough test for him there up against Curran/Schalk/Mikkelsen but cruised through it.

16 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

700 is a good crowd ?

Our average attendance last season was 727. So for a game that the manager was using as a fitness game for the players, the travelling distance for away fans and it being the holiday time of year I think 702 was a good crowd.

Looking forward to next Saturday to see how we do against a team that finished mid table last season. If we can cary on playing as well as we have done in these pre-season games we could cause a few surprises and make the play-offs.

Season ticket sales up by over 20% not bad.

Gate prices 14 and 8 this season 17 for parent child gate.

Anyone know the actual figure?

My ticket number is 454 and I bought mine on the 6th July so imagine there'll have been a good few since then. The lady at the time told me they were heading towards record sales but no idea what we usually sell?

Promising it's up 20% though hopefully see a wee boost in crowds this season. Think all the work Bri Cargill's putting in really helps, see a lot of kids in Arbroath tops kicking about the town now.

A young lad even congratulated me for wearing Arbroath shorts at the saltire the other week. [emoji1]

22 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think all the work Bri Cargill's putting in really helps, see a lot of kids in Arbroath tops kicking about the town now.

Completely agree. I think Brian has been a real inspiration and his efforts are really paying off. I hope people appreciate what he does for the club.

i too have been pleased with the amount of kids I have seen in and around the town in Arbroath shirts this summer. Can't remember seeing so many before. 

Courier saying we're wanting Scott Martin on loan from Hibs. Very good player but does DC kehn we only have 4 defenders????

Yule has shown he can play there and we know Whatley can be good at full back too but surely needing to use a loan on a defender.

Fully expect we will mind you but still.