The Arbroath Thread

13 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How I feel too.

If it comes to be I will be delighted. Swankie getting on the ball and having DD/Linn and Doris running in behind just sounds superb.

Also funny how Ecto seems to think he has been behind the scenes throughout Gavs career seeing things none of the rest of us have.

Will always support the decision made by the manager, hope it works out

Edited by ecto

I think IF he signs..

Gomes

Gold
Little
ToB
Hammy

McCord
Whatley

Denholm
Swankie
Linn

Doris

Could really be pretty good. Wait and see.

Football is not played on paper, it's played on grass

I really hope Campbell can get into the heads of the Forfar lads that have came on board in the summer, the last thing I'd want is for the squad to be mentally weak and fall at the final hurdle like Forfar did, it must hurt all summer that kind of scenario. 

I think IF he signs..

Gomes

Gold
Little
ToB
Hammy

McCord
Whatley

Denholm
Swankie
Linn

Doris

Could really be pretty good. Wait and see.

My point is, yes this looks a good team, but it has not kicked a ball yet

25 minutes ago, Mexico said:

I really hope Campbell can get into the heads of the Forfar lads that have came on board in the summer, the last thing I'd want is for the squad to be mentally weak and fall at the final hurdle like Forfar did, it must hurt all summer that kind of scenario. 

Don't be daft, just forget the Alloa Play-off collapse and the relegation collapse and the 11pts clear collapse that these 3 new signings played their part in.. ;-)

So Swanks could be back for a 4th spell. Not a choice I'd have taken but would trust the managers judgement if signing does emerge.

If he become a Lichtie again then maybe adopt a 4-4-1-1

Gomes

Gold Little TOB Hammy

Linn Whatley McCord Denholm

Swankie

Doris

Hester to be punted or shipped out on loan.

12 hours ago, Buzz Lichtyear said:

Two sides to the Swankie coin. He's obviously more experienced at a higher level than a lot of the boys, but he's obviously a well known petulant wee shite. If DC is confident he can manage him, then he could be an asset. I'd like to think our dressing room is strong enough that he wouldn't be able to influence them negatively, and if he did I'd hope he would get weeded out

Good post, remember Swanks came to us following a strop he took at Arbroath very similar to the strop he just threw at Station Park. I know Dick likes and rates him but openly admitted in the past he was very difficult to manage.

12 hours ago, mo83 said:

Dick must rate him, did he not make swankie his captain at forfar???

Gary made him captain, not Dick, in a futile attempt to get him to play on form week in week out.

11 hours ago, ecto said:

Nah, Gav would just sulk and be a pain in the arse until he was gone, a leopard rarely changes it's spots, defensive cover needs to be addressed first 

The likely scenario /\

I have mixed feelings about this, sorry to see the man who scored both goals in our only victory over Rangers but glad to see an overpaid lazy player with a childish attitude go.

Just now, theSilverFox said:

Good post, remember Swanks came to us following a strop he took at Arbroath very similar to the strop he just threw at Station Park. I know Dick likes and rates him but openly admitted in the past he was very difficult to manage.

Gary made him captain, not Dick, in a futile attempt to get him to play on form week in week out.

Nah it was Dick that made him captain. One of his many head scratchers.

Forfar seem to be a bit of a PR disaster

To be fair I think they're just really pissed off at us, who can blame them.

For what it's worth between Aberdeen, Dundee and Bolton we could maybe get 3-4000 paying punters through so hopefully that should cover this easy enough.

Aberdeen seemed to take a lot through to Perth last week and the Dundee fans I've spoke to in my work are saying Saturday will be the first chance they'll have to see the team at home (basically at home there other fixture before it is at St Mirren).