The Arbroath Thread

McCord is in his later years doing his engineering course I'm sure. He had a tripod on the site one of the boys in my work was visiting today. Not a chance.

Fake news from Big Lichtie though I think... Been at it I'm sure. Might be proven wrong but...

Fwiw it's United after ToB. So can't really see McCord or Doris going there...

As far as I know Ryan McCord works with Robertson Construction, one of my mates works on the same site as him.

It would be foolish to think we are the only club to have offered him, Doris, TOB and all the others mentioned a deal. We'll just have to wait and see, if it was me I would be weighing up 3 different things - wages, travelling and whether the club was ambitious and up near the top challenging.

Interesting to see the comments about Denholm, cant really remember him doing anything when playing against us but he's scored a lot of goals for a midfielder.

I think the majority of Red Lichtie players will re-sign if offered deals by DC.

There seems to be a good team bond/they seem to all like the Manager/they are playing in a higher league/i would imagine AFC are one of the higher paid part-time clubs and the vast majority of our players would stay within 1 hour of Gayfield and training.

54 minutes ago, AFC360PUNK1320 said:

I think the majority of Red Lichtie players will re-sign if offered deals by DC.

There seems to be a good team bond/they seem to all like the Manager/they are playing in a higher league/i would imagine AFC are one of the higher paid part-time clubs and the vast majority of our players would stay within 1 hour of Gayfield and training.

Agree with all of this. Even if we do lose a couple of our bigger players they are the ones on top wages, so it'll free up part of the budget to offer other players deals and I'd expect/ trust Dick to be able to assemble a good enough squad regardless of who stays/ leaves. Recruitment is the one area of Dick's management that stands out as being better than pretty much every other part time manager in the league currently.

this 31st of may thing does not apply to the arbroath players. the arbroath players were free of any contractual obligations after the stirling game as that was there last game. if they were still under contract the would still be getting payed by the club witch they aren't

this 31st of may thing does not apply to the arbroath players. the arbroath players were free of any contractual obligations after the stirling game as that was there last game. if they were still under contract the would still be getting payed by the club witch they aren't

So why is everyone at every other club just signing pre contract agreements just now then?