The Arbroath Thread

I do back him and it's not his fault he's not a left back and playing out of position.

Primarily a centre half but played left back through youth levels

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/2015/09/17/who-is-jassem-sukar-dundee-united-fans-guide-to-ex-sunderland-kid/

http://www.kingfut.com/2014/06/23/interview-sunderland-jassem-sukar/

According to that he played left back between the age of 8 and 11 so I will stand by the fact he's not a left back.

According to that he played left back between the age of 8 and 11 so I will stand by the fact he's not a left back.

He says himself he can play anywhere along the back 4. Full back is the easiest position in football.

Fwiw as a defender I think he's decent most of the time. He's just hopeless on the ball, constantly trying fucking 40 yard passes instead of rolling it to Bobby Linn.

Him and Gold having poor games meant Linn and Skelly never got on it nearly enough.

He says himself he can play anywhere along the back 4. Full back is the easiest position in football.

Fwiw as a defender I think he's decent most of the time. He's just hopeless on the ball, constantly trying fucking 40 yard passes instead of rolling it to Bobby Linn.

Him and Gold having poor games meant Linn and Skelly never got on it nearly enough.

Centre half is an easier position imo. Full back is a lot harder work.

If that was the case him and Hammy would've been swapped around ages ago

Just the point I was going to make. We have Sukar who's preferred position is left centre back and now and now flynn. Play one of them at centre back and play hammy left back where he's shown in the past he can chip in with goals and assists. We have little to lose by at least trying that for a couple of games.

Just the point I was going to make. We have Sukar who's preferred position is left centre back and now and now flynn. Play one of them at centre back and play hammy left back where he's shown in the past he can chip in with goals and assists. We have little to lose by at least trying that for a couple of games.

Dunno. Much better having a solid centre half partnership surely?

I think the only thing that needs to be said to Sukar is 'PLAY THE EASY BALL' tbh.

Hurricanes yesterday and he's trying 90 yard diagonals man. Just get the ball, play it up the line, overlap or offer feet again.

ETA: in fairness McCord being out affected this too, he always wants to get on it and create and keep it moving.

On 06/02/2017 at 00:24, Carilly said:

How's hodge and fearns doing for you guys?

They've done exactly as expected in their games so far in my opinion, no disrespect to them but they're both average league 2 players and have performed as such.

Regarding Suker - it seems fairly obvious to me that teams are targeting us down his side in the last 3/4 weeks, and it seems to be working. A lot of the goals we're conceding are coming from mistakes on the left of our defence, infact the majority have done so recently. Ultimately I think it's fairly set in stone that Suker is our left back until the end of the season, so we just have to accept it for what it is as we have pretty much no other options due to not dealing with the problem in January.

Quite like Hodge, he looks calm and assured on the ball, far too similar to Whatley though so don't think they work as a pair.

Ferns is exactly what we were told, blistering pace but not convinced he has much of an end product, Saturday his pace got him clean through on goal but his finish lacked any real conviction, early days I suppose.

League, Cup, Total appearances/goals

Liam Callaghan 2(4) 0, 1(5) 0, 3(9) 0(now at Montrose)

Steven Doris 137(14) 60, 23(1) 3, 160(15) 63

Michael Dunlop 3(3) 0, 2(2) 0, 5(5) 0 (now at Berwick Rangers)

Eddie Ferns 4 1, 0 0, 4 1

Cammy Gill 0 0, 0 0, 0 0 (on loan from Dunfermline Athletic)

David Gold 33(12) 1, 8(3) 1, 41(15) 2

Rickey Gomes 15(1) 0, 3 0, 18(1) 0

Colin Hamilton 91 4, 14 3, 105 7

Kane Hester 4(29) 4, 1(5) 1, 5(34) 5 now at Montrose Roselea)

Bryan Hodge 2 0, 0 0, 2 0

Omar Kader 15(8) 4, 7 1, 22(8) 5

Bobby Linn 128 35, 23(2) 4, 151(2) 39

Ricky Little 86(4) 5, 18(1) 1, 104(5) 6

Gavin Malin 0(10) 1, 0(2) 0, 0(12) 1

Donald McCallum 0(2) 0, 0 0, 0(2) 0 (on loan from Dumbarton)

Ryan McCord 18 6, 6(1) 0, 24(1) 6

Robbie Mutch 8 0, 5(1) 0, 13(1) 0 (on loan from Aberdeen)

Gary Phillips 7(1) 0, 6(1) 0, 13(2) 0 (now at Berwick Rangers)

Bryan Prunty 9(8) 1, 5(1) 0, 14(9) 1

Jimmy Scott 13(4) 6, 6 1, 19(4) 7

Josh Skelly 22(11) 7, 0(2) 0, 22(13) 7 ( on loan from Dundee)

Matthew Smyth 0 0, 0 0, 0 0 (on loan from Dundee)

Jassem Sukar 17 0, 2 0, 19 0 (on loan from Dundee United)

Josh Thomson 0 0, 2(2) 0, 2(2) 0 (on loan at Bluebell)

Mark Whatley 91 3, 19(1) 1, 120(1) 4

Up to & including defeat at home to Forfar 4/2/17

46 minutes ago, Champions 84 said:

How much do you miss SWANKIE

Show pony, disappears when things not going his way

16 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Not as much as we miss FALKY

never hides, would have him back in a minute