The Arbroath Thread

Watching some old YouTube videos from the Sheerin championship winning team.

Few things. First I really miss WHMs video updates and the 'f***ing gerrin there' after every goal :lol:

Secondly love the fact that Flyer won the league with us, same with Swankie, who despite going to emmerdale I still love, Paul Sheerin was just absolutely immense as was Falky. Love the fact that Doris is back here again, great Arbroath player with plenty years left in him.

Would love to see similar scenes again down at Gayf. Just a class couple of seasons they were.

WHM should get back into it ;)

Asking to leave to go to specifically go to a club and not going would be shite behaviour tbf.

He will more than likely start at the Coo whereas anyone joining us will see Hammy and Little more or less certain starters and need to be prepared to sit on the bench until his chance comes along. Can't imagine many players would want to join under these circumstances. Tricky one for DC but with his contacts who knows.

He will more than likely start at the Coo whereas anyone joining us will see Hammy and Little more or less certain starters and need to be prepared to sit on the bench until his chance comes along. Can't imagine many players would want to join under these circumstances. Tricky one for DC but with his contacts who knows.

Campbell seems to actively trying to move Hamilton to LB. Iv a feeling if Rumsby had signed he would have been an instant starter alongside Little

12 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

2. Mark Whatley refers to our slow starts, the fact we often underperform and seldom score in first halves. It would be interesting to see the stats on when we've scored in games this season.

All competitions: total scored, (1st goal)

0-15mins: 3 goals, (3 times)

16-30mins: 5 goals (3 times)

31-45+mins: 7 goals (5 times)

45-60mins: 7 goals (4 times)

61-75mins: 9 goals (2 times)

76-90+mins: 14 goals (4 times)

7 matches not scored, 3in the league.

9 clean sheets, 8 in the league. 2 for Mutch, 6 for Gomes, 1 shared against ICT U20's.

A major plus for us is the "team" spirit that DC and his backroom staff have brought to the club, Paul Sheerin built that up the season we won the league and you can see a similar thing happening now, just look at the subs reactions when we score a goal, Prunty was going nuts like as if he had scored the goal and have seen Scott and Malin doing similar celebrations previous............................good to see.

On Saturday Little/Hammy were excellent as was Whately and McCord but my mom was Doris, but Skelly changed the game and Scott added much needed presence up front when he came on.

2 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

All competitions: total scored, (1st goal)

0-15mins: 3 goals, (3 times)

16-30mins: 5 goals (3 times)

31-45+mins: 7 goals (5 times)

45-60mins: 7 goals (4 times)

61-75mins: 9 goals (2 times)

76-90+mins: 14 goals (4 times)

7 matches not scored, 3in the league.

9 clean sheets, 8 in the league. 2 for Mutch, 6 for Gomes, 1 shared against ICT U20's.

Excellent stats, thank you for the regular updates too... not sure if you have this info, but at Gayfield how many goals are scored at the harbour end as opposed to the Pleasureland end please?  By my reckoning we score over 60% of our goals at the Pleasureland end for some reason. Thank you in advance for any stats. 

In seriousness though hope Rab sorts everything out, sounds silly but really not sure what bankruptcy actually means when it comes to individuals but I imagine he'll easily have enough assets to pay off the debts and he'll be fine.

Applied to be made bankrupt and declared no assets.I detect some smart asset transfer in the build up possibly.

1 hour ago, lichtie36nilhello said:

Excellent stats, thank you for the regular updates too... not sure if you have this info, but at Gayfield how many goals are scored at the harbour end as opposed to the Pleasureland end please?  By my reckoning we score over 60% of our goals at the Pleasureland end for some reason. Thank you in advance for any stats. 

No problem, only started posting some stats when some player appearance milestones were mentioned.

Regarding which end goals are scored at Gayfield. From when I view highlights of our games it seems we always shoot towards the harbour end in the 1st half but i can be corrected on that by any of you regulars.

The totals should be:

Harbour: 15

Pleasureland: 30

according to todays courier sukar has been recalled by united

We'll struggle to put a defence together now after releasing phillips and dunlop. Only option would be to put whatley back there and bring malin in who deserves a couple of starts imo