The Arbroath Thread

my 2 concerns are no1 we need a big commanding centre half urgently.that would allow hamilton to go back to his correct position an attacking left full back.no2 Lost count at how many times bobby and omar have had the oppurtunity to get an early cross in and fail to do it they try to go past that extra man when espicially doris has fought hard to gain the ball him and prutny make a yard on the defence only to see the attack come to nothing because our wide players lose the ball or the quality of cross is shocking.bobby isnt a one man team he is playing with better strikers now who at times you can see on the park getting frustrated. get the ball in early and these guys will score for us ang by the way i am a huge bobby fan

bobby isnt a one man team he is playing with better strikers now who at times you can see on the park getting frustrated. get the ball in early and these guys will score for us ang by the way

i am a huge bobby fan

Wow, fair play pal. Not many would admit to that on a football internet forum.

1 hour ago, Big lichtie said:

my 2 concerns are no1 we need a big commanding centre half urgently.that would allow hamilton to go back to his correct position an attacking left full back.no2 Lost count at how many times bobby and omar have had the oppurtunity to get an early cross in and fail to do it they try to go past that extra man when espicially doris has fought hard to gain the ball him and prutny make a yard on the defence only to see the attack come to nothing because our wide players lose the ball or the quality of cross is shocking.bobby isnt a one man team he is playing with better strikers now who at times you can see on the park getting frustrated. get the ball in early and these guys will score for us ang by the way i am a huge bobby fan

Glad you love huge Bobby.

surely if a team work the ball out to the wide player and he is 1 on 1 in the final third he should be encouraged to take his man on and make things happen. Far too many players (especially full backs) just sling the early cross in as the safe option these days.

Was always taught the thought process that should go through your head when you get the ball should be

1 can I pass (to someone in a better position)

2 can I shoot ( realistic chance of scoring)

3 can I dribble ( to get in a better position to start the decision process again with 1 can I pass)

On Tuesday I think Bobby and Omar were a wee bit guilty of maybe picking the wrong option but the important thing is they went by their man and took boys on time after time, as long as they keep doing that we'll be dangerous.

Know fine well they're capable. Obviously know what Bobby can do but I enjoyed watching Omar up against a team at our level. Two really dangerous wide players with pace. I thought we were good to watch at times. On another day we could've scored a few, final ball/shot just wasn't coming off for us.

I'm struggling to take any negatives from the way Bobby/Omar have played so far. Both have gotten in good positions to score/shoot but we've barely even started the season so a bit of rustiness has to be expected, as well as playing in an overhauled team. All I'm worried about is next Saturday.

All I'm worried about is next Saturday.

Well this is it.

Can't wait for the league. A lot of quality throughout our squad and we will 100 percent do better than last season. Good players all over the park and experience in the dugout.

It's going to be a good one I think. Whether we win anything or not I think we will see some good football and will give it a right good go.

Get these 2 long trips out the road and look forward to Berwick and the rest of the season.

Maybe now DC will do something about the defence, quality CH needed at least to partner Ricky.

Know that that's been trying to be addressed so we could get Hammy back to LB too

As soon as that team went out today you knew we would be over run and beat today, it's no totally the players fault the guys out there were playing in a patched up team. So many suspensions and injuries for this time of year

Although 7 is a minter, been a very very hard pre season for us

Hopefully we have made some money from the League Cup ties with a creditable performance against the Arabs the only plus otherwise. The real stuff gets going next Saturday and we need to start well. Would be good to go to Tinks Park with 3 points in the bag. C'mon lichties.

Regarding yesterday, we were simply completely overrun by a team three levels above us who needed to get a result while we had very little to play for and had an extremely depleted team. I'm not massively concerned by it, but it was very poor and there was a huge gulf in class between the two starting 11s with some players absolutely miles off the pace which is to be expected stepping up to play a team at the level they're at.

I think everyone agrees the team has a lot of potential and individually I firmly believe we have some of the best players in the division. However, starting from now we need to see that potential fulfilled and the team come together. We will have our full starting 11 available for Tuesday and I'd like to see us start as we will next Saturday, losing to Inverness U20s would be completely unacceptable in my eyes. I expect us to get a win, and with us back to pretty much full strength there can't be any excuses if we don't.

Despite the results, I am not really concerned with our pre season and see a lot of positives in there. We were drawn in the hardest group and the only real disappointment was losing to Cowdenbeath, but again there were positives to take from that game. There is only so long we can take positives out of games without overly worrying about results though and for me that stops now, from here on in we need to be getting results. I still expect us to be top 4 and hopefully challenging for the league, even if we have a bad start we need to remember the season is played over 36 games. East Fife fans we're calling for Naysmith to go last November/ December and look what happened there, likewise with us under Paul Sheerin when we starting terribly over the first 9 games, however if we do get off to a poor start I can only assume several posters on here will be demanding Campbell leave the club, just as they did with Todd Lumsden.